Lindsay A. Sheehy is based in Holland & Knight's Connecticut office and counsels public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital financings, restructurings, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Ms. Sheehy regularly represents Fortune 1000 companies and private equity backed businesses in domestic and cross-border private company acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and divestitures throughout the world. She also has extensive experience in capital-raising transactions, general commercial transactions and agreements, and corporate governance.
During law school at the University of Connecticut, Ms. Sheehy was the articles editor of the Connecticut Law Review and president of the Women's Law Student Association.
Ms. Sheehy has represented a wide range of companies, including:
- United Technologies Corp. in its sale of Unitec Elevator to an affiliate of Pacific Avenue Capital
- Refinitiv (formerly known as the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters) in its acquisition of AlphaDesk, a cloud-based Order Management System, and wealth management FinTech Scinvantage
- UTC Climate, Controls & Security in its acquisition of S2 Security, a leading developer of unified security and video management solutions
- UTC Aerospace in its sale of N2 Imaging Systems to Cornerstone Capital Holdings
- United Technologies Corp. in its acquisition of Predikto, Inc.
- Hubbell in its acquisition of iDevices
- McGraw-Hill Education in its acquisition of Redbird Advanced Learning
- Hubbell in its acquisition of Electric Motion Company
- Hubbell in a sale of assets from its Pulse Communications business
- Hubbell in its acquisition of Windsor Communications
- Hubbell in its acquisition of the Acme Electric and Turner Electric businesses from Power Products
- Hubbell in its acquisition of all of the capital stock of Litecontrol Corp. from its employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Hubbell in its acquisition of all of the capital stock of Reuel Inc. from its ESOP and management owners and the acquisition of real estate related thereto
- Hubbell in its purchase of RigPower LLC
- Cengage Learning in its acquisition of WebAssign
- Cengage Learning in its acquisition of Learning Objects
- Cengage Learning in its sale of Explorer Magazine to National Geographic
- Thomson Reuters in the sale of assets to SNL Financial
- Thomson Reuters in the sale of assets to Broadridge
- Thomson Reuters in the sale of assets to Diligent
- United Technologies Aerospace in its sale of TEAC Aerospace to Extant Components
- United Technologies Aerospace in its sale of Walbar, LLC to an affiliate of Cornerstone Capital
- United Technologies Aerospace in its sale of its electromagnetic enterprise business to an affiliate of Handy & Harman Ltd.
- United Technologies Aerospace in its acquisition of N2 Imaging Systems
- United Technologies Aerospace in its sale of Precision Engine Controls to Meggitt
- CourseSmart LLC (a joint venture owned by five of the largest educational publishers) in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Ingram
- A private equity portfolio company in its acquisition of a candy brand from an international candy manufacturer
- Another portfolio company of the same private equity fund in its divestiture of a snack brand and related assets
- Thomson Reuters in its acquisition of a legal publishing business in Argentina and Chile
- Thomson Reuters in its acquisition of private companies engaged in a variety of information-related sectors, including businesses engaged in the design of pathways analysis technology for systems biology (primarily located in Russia), agricultural production forecasts, expert witness services, media targeting and monitoring tools and solutions (primarily located in India), tax compliance software, CPA test prep and continuing education services, and KYC and FATCA software solutions
- A franchisee of a national personal care franchise in securing seed funding for a new location