Christine Moseley Shiker is an attorney in the Zoning and Land Use Group in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. She also serves as co-chair of the firm's Embassies and Sovereign Governments Practice. Ms. Shiker represents clients on a number of land use and zoning matters in the District of Columbia, including proceedings before the Zoning Commission, the Board of Zoning Adjustment, the Public Space Committee and D.C. Council.
Ms. Shiker provides guidance and strategy from the beginning of a project in due diligence, through any discretionary entitlement requirements, to delivery and occupancy of a completed project. Ms. Shiker handles large, mixed-use and multi-phased projects throughout the downtown core of the District of Columbia as well as in emerging neighborhoods.
Ms. Shiker's experience includes processing planned unit developments and design review cases as well as securing map and text amendments before the D.C. Zoning Commission; obtaining variance and special exception relief for property owners before the D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment; navigating projects through the design review before the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts and the D.C. Historic Preservation Review Board; pursuing legislative changes and approvals before the D.C. Council, including alley and street closings and dedications; and preparing analyses and opinions on zoning and building code issues. Ms. Shiker also is experienced in securing public space approvals before the D.C. Public Space Committee and works closely with her clients to interface with the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs for permitting and occupying development projects.
In addition, Ms. Shiker leads Holland & Knight's foreign missions land use team and has represented a variety of international organizations with zoning entitlement and public space issues. The firm's foreign missions land use team has represented more than 60 foreign governments in zoning, real estate and related issues in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Shiker serves as chair of Holland & Knight's Women's Initiative in the Washington, D.C., office.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- College of William & Mary, M.P.P., The Thomas Jefferson Program in Public Policy
- College of William & Mary, B.A., Government
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association, Committee on Legislative and Government Affairs
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- DC Real Estate Group
- Lambda Alpha International, George Washington Chapter
- Junior League of Washington, ACC Executive Committee, Past Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2018-2023
- The Legal 500, Land Use/Zoning, 2020-2022
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2015-2022
- Best Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine, Real Estate and Zoning/Land Use, 2015; Real Estate, 2017-2020
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) DC Dealmaker Finalist, 2013