Briana Becker Stolley is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons, Virginia, office where she focuses her practice on commercial real estate and commercial finance transactions. Ms. Stolley represents owners, developers, investors and tenants of office buildings, shopping centers, retail properties, industrial parks and mixed-use developments in connection with the leasing, development, and the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate. Her practice includes negotiating and drafting property and asset management contracts, franchise agreements, hotel management agreements, as well as joint venture and corporate entity formation documents.
Ms. Stolley also has extensive experience representing institutional lenders, banks and credit unions in a wide array of financing transactions, including construction and permanent loans secured by real estate, equipment and other asset-backed transactions.
In addition, Ms. Stolley represents equine industry clients in connection with development and operations of equestrian facilities and planned communities, and she represents equine professionals by crafting equine purchase, syndication and breeding agreements, leases, and boarding and facilities service contracts. Ms. Stolley's representative transactions include:
- representation of the largest bank and financial services company (holding over $2.5 trillion in assets) and the largest credit union (holding over $40 billion in assets) in the United States in connection with the selection, acquisition and management of retail branch, ATMs and office facilities across the U.S.
- representation of government contractor tenants in connection with the leasing of headquarters and office facilities, as well as the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets
- representation of a major fast food brand restaurant in connection with the selection, acquisition, leasing and development of new restaurant sites in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions
- representation of an affordable housing developer in connection with the acquisition, financing and development of affordable housing projects in Alexandria, Virginia
- representation of foreign government in connection with the leasing of office space for its embassy in Washington, D.C.
- representation of a land developer in connection with the acquisition, development and operations of a large equestrian facility in Loudoun County, Virginia
- representation of an equine youth organization in complete overhaul of corporate documents and corporate policies
- representation of multiple nationally recognized executive suites operators in national expansion efforts, including the acquisition and development of executive office suite centers across the country, including new leases totaling more than 600,000 square feet of office space
- representation of one of the largest holders of office space in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, including the acquisition, disposition and loan representation involved in connection with office building assets, as well as handling the leasing portfolio
- representation of institutional lenders in connection with multiple construction and permanent financing projects, including CMBS and mezzanine loans
- representation of a large commercial lender specializing in franchise financing with closing loans totaling more than $200 million during each year of representation
- advising and providing support to Holland & Knight corporate and mergers and acquisitions teams in connection with real estate components of corporate acquisition and sales
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Stolley was a partner at a national law firm in McLean, Virginia.
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high honors
- Military Spouse J.D. Network
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tysons Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2024
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, Construction, 2011