Lee Philip Teichner
Lee Philip Teichner is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Mr. Teichner practices in the area of business and commercial litigation, with an emphasis in product liability, torts, negligence, insurance and probate, trust and estate litigation.
Mr. Teichner has extensive experience in product liability involving a wide range of products, including motor vehicles and their components, material and people moving and handling equipment, construction equipment, electricity, machine guarding, firearms, medical devices, aviation and other vessels. Mr. Teichner is also experienced in tort and negligence litigation involving issues of premises liability, medical issues, rental car entities, property rights, cemetery and funeral issues, consumer torts, motor vehicle accidents, construction and food contamination. He frequently handles business and commercial litigation, including contract disputes, real estate disputes, lease disputes, partner disputes, and other similar consumer litigation, franchise litigation, employment litigation, defamation and non-competition agreements. Mr. Teichner also frequently handles insurance litigation, including issues of coverage and bad faith, as well as matters in state and federal court and related to multi-district litigations.
In addition, Mr. Teichner frequently handles litigation matters in the areas of estate, trust, probate and fiduciary litigation, where he has handled both prosecuting and defending claims and matters relating to trustees, beneficiaries, personal representatives and guardians related to estates, trusts and guardianships. He has experience with cases involving will contests, disputes as to intestate heirs, intestacy proceedings, distribution of estate or trust assets, the division/dissolution of family businesses and assets, elder care and elder abuse issues, mental competency, marital agreements and the misappropriation of property and assets by fiduciaries, attorneys-in-fact and persons in position of trust and authority. Mr. Teichner also handles family law issues, including parental rights and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Teichner serves on civic and charitable organizations within the firm. He is a member of the Holland & Knight Mickey Rooney Financial Elder Abuse Pro Bono Project, which assists elderly and infirmed clients who have had assets misdirected and/or taken by fiduciaries or others in positions of trust against their will and intentions. Mr. Teichner also serves as a co-chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee in the Miami office. In the community, he is a former member of the City of Miami Beach Budget Advisory Committee and a member of the Florida Bar Ethics Committee.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Teichner practiced law for another law firm in Miami. He has represented clients in jury, non-jury, arbitration, mediation, governmental and administrative proceedings. Mr. Teichner has experience representing both individual and business interests in many of the areas in which he concentrates his practice.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., with high honors
- District of Columbia
- All U.S. District Courts in Florida
- The Florida Bar, Former Member, Lawyer Grievance Committee
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors, Former Member, Board of Directors
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2007-2024; Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, 2013-2024; Commercial Litigation, 2023, 2024
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2023
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2021
- Most Effective Lawyer Finalist, Appellate, Daily Business Review, 2015
- Most Effective Lawyer Winner, Product Liability, Daily Business Review, 2013
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2018
- Most Effective Lawyer Finalist, South Florida Business Review, Liability/Product Liability, 2007
- Selected by Law & Politics as a Florida Super Lawyer
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, November 2009
- Most Effective Lawyer Finalist, Daily Business Review, 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated