Bradley M. Van Buren is a partner with Holland & Knight's Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group and the leader of its Private Investment Funds and Investment Management Teams. He represents venture capital, private equity, real estate and hedge fund clients, with a focus on formation and operation of private investment partnerships from a legal, regulatory and tax perspective.
Mr. Van Buren commonly represents emerging company managers in the formation and operation of alternative private investment fund structures. He also has experience in matters of investment fund principal compensation and succession planning, and serves as counsel to family offices. In addition, Mr. Van Buren represents investors in reviewing and negotiating private investment fund and private equity investment terms.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Van Buren was a tax manager at a Big Four accounting firm.
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- Albany Law School, J.D., with honors
- The State University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Law: Massachusetts, 2017
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Tax, 2014, 2015
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine, 2007, 2008, 2010-2013
- Boston's Future Business Leader, The Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2010