Woody Vaughan is the executive partner of Holland & Knight's Atlanta office. In addition to managing the firm's Atlanta office, Mr. Vaughan's practice focuses on public finance transactions, economic development projects, public-private partnerships (P3) and multifamily housing finance.
Mr. Vaughan has substantial experience in tax-exempt finance for state and local governments; multifamily housing facilities; stadiums; and governmental and nonprofit healthcare, educational and other facilities. He routinely serves as bond counsel and counsel to underwriters, bond purchasers, credit enhancers and borrowers on complex public finance transactions throughout the United States. Clients routinely engage Mr. Vaughan and his team to structure P3 projects for a number of asset classes, including student housing, transportation infrastructure, stadiums, conference and convention centers, and mixed-use developments.
Mr. Vaughan has extensive knowledge in the area of affordable housing finance that includes representing financial institutions providing debt financing on tax-exempt and conventional low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) projects throughout the United States.
In addition, Mr. Vaughan works on large and complex economic development incentive transactions for private and public entities. As a trusted advisor, he helps corporate clients looking to relocate or expand operations as well as local governments developing incentive packages for prospective private industry clients.
- The University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Virginia, B.A., Economics
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia, Local Government Section
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow, 2010
- Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2011-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Project Finance Law, 2008, 2010-2021; Public Finance Law, 2017-2021
- IFLR1000, The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, Notable Practitioner, Project Development, Banking, Real Estate Finance, Project Finance, 2019, 2020
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend magazine, 2012-2013, 2015, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- "Southeastern Deal of the Year" as bond counsel to the Hospital Authority of Wilkes County, Georgia, on a bond transaction, The Bond Buyer, 2009
- Special assistant attorney general, appointed by the Georgia attorney general to represent the state of Georgia on general obligation bond transactions, 2007-present