Inés Elvira Vesga is a corporate and transactional attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office, where she focuses her practice on international mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and corporate matters, as well as on energy regulatory matters and complex transactions, particularly in the energy sector.
Ms. Vesga is well-versed in advising national and foreign clients in corporate and M&A transactions in different industries such as oil and gas, energy and natural resources, renewables, logistics, telecommunications, and healthcare service providers, among others. She has more than 15 years of experience advising on regulatory issues, oil and gas projects, and other complex corporate negotiations and is able to understand and service clients in a wide range of transactions in numerous jurisdictions.
As part of her practice, Ms. Vesga has represented companies in the energy sector in the sale of their main assets and in the purchase of companies in the same sector, including due diligence processes, negotiation of transaction terms and closings. Within her practice, she provides corporate and regulatory advisory to local and international companies in the renewables business.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Vesga worked at two Bogotá-based law firms and founded her own boutique firm. Prior to that, she served as general counsel for a local group of companies focused on exploration and production operations and oilfield services.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, J.D.
- Universidad de los Andes, Specialization, Commercial Law
- Best Lawyers in Colombia, Energy Law, 2023
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Rising Star, Energy and Natural Resources, 2019-2023
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Banking & Finance, Associates to Watch, 2016-2019; Energy & Natural Resources, Associates to Watch, 2020
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyer, Energy and Natural Resources, 2015-2016, 2019
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Next Generation Lawyer, Energy and Natural Resources, 2017-2018
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020