Eric Wechselblatt is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tysons office and serves as the deputy section leader of the firm's Business Section.
Mr. Wechselblatt represents clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, equity financing transactions and general corporate counseling.
In addition, Mr. Wechselblatt has extensive experience leading teams in complex merger and acquisition transactions, including stock deals, mergers, asset deals, leveraged buy-outs, spin-offs, joint ventures and similar transactions. In these M&A transactions, he has represented private equity funds, as well as public and private companies (as buyers and sellers) in a variety of industries, such as government contracting, software, education technology, other technologies, medical supplies, manufacturing, distribution, publishing, spirit brands and others.
Mr. Wechselblatt has negotiated more than 300 equity financing transactions, ranging from angel and seed financings to expansion and mezzanine round financings. Mr. Wechselblatt has represented the issuers in about half of these transactions and the investors in the other half. Accordingly, he understands the key drivers and issues that both parties face in these transactions.
Representative M&A transactions include:
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital in its acquisition of a majority of the business of Tenon Holdings Ltd., a New Zealand-based public company that manufactures and distributes specialty building products
- Advised Agilex Technologies Inc., a provider of digital solutions for the U.S. federal government, in its sale to Accenture Federal Services
- Represented Prometheus Group, a provider of enterprise asset management and plant maintenance software solutions, in connection with its investment from Francisco Partners
- Represented CapTech Ventures Inc., a national management consulting firm, in connection with a majority investment by Markel Ventures Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Market Corp. (NYSE: MKL)
- Advised an international audit data collection software company in connection with a reorganization and sale of more than 70 percent of its business to private equity buyers
- Represented Summize in a sale to Twitter for cash and stock
- Represented private equity buyer Riordan, Lewis & Haden in multiple platform acquisitions, including Inspirage LLC, a consulting, customization and implementation solutions company for supply chain software, and Clarity Solution Group, a data analysis company
- Represented a public company government contractor in six acquisitions
- Represented the owners of Veris Group LLC, a government and commercial cybersecurity company, in connection with the sale of Veris to Coalfire Systems Inc., a Carlyle-backed commercial cybersecurity company
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital in connection with the sale of CTG Advanced Materials LLC, a designer and manufacturer of single-crystal piezoelectric materials, for $73 million to CTS Corp. (NYSE: CTS)
- Represented MediaSolv Solutions Corp., a leading solution for interview room video, CCTV, in-car and on-premises digital evidence management, in connection with the sale to TASER International Inc. (NASDAQ: TASR)
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with the platform acquisition of a leading supplier of mission-critical tactical, medical products
- Represented Secure Mission Solutions Inc., a private equity-backed asset protection and cybersecurity services company, in connection with its sale to Parsons
- Represented Cougar Software, a global property management software company, in connection with its sale to MRJ Software LLC
Representative financing transactions include:
- Represented Grotech and Paladin in a $20 million investment in White Op, a company providing detection of and systematic defense against bot and malware fraud
- Represented Edison Ventures in an $8 million Series B financing of All Traffic Solutions, a cloud-based traffic management solutions company
- Represented a strategic investor with investment in Ryft, a real-time big data search and analytics company
- Represented mSignia, an authentication technology company, in Series A financing
- Represented Dovetail Systems, a point-of-service software company, in Series A financing
- Represented Graduation Alliance, a provider of alternative education programs, in Series D financing from a number venture capital funds
- Represented New Markets Venture Partners and Blue Heron Capital with investment in PresenceLearning Inc., a live online speech therapy company
- Represented owners of Twitter stock in secondary sales prior to Twitter IPO