Douglas Youngman is a New York financial services attorney who focuses his practice in the field of derivatives, complex financial transactions and structured products.
Mr. Youngman has more than 22 years of experience in financial services and related transactions. He advises clients on the negotiation and execution of a wide range of derivatives, including interest rate swaps, total return swaps, credit default swaps, caps and options, as well as guaranteed investment contracts, forward purchase agreements, repurchase agreements and other reinvestment products. He also counsels clients on structured finance, liquidity (letter of credit, standby bond purchase, revolving credit), bank lending and direct purchase transactions in the municipal and tax-exempt healthcare and higher education markets.
Mr. Youngman has extensive experience representing lenders, creditors and service providers in connection with municipal bankruptcy, under both the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA), and in respect of distressed municipalities.
In addition, Mr. Youngman advises clients regarding issues arising from the discontinuation of Libor in both the derivatives and cash/lending markets, providing guidance related to the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) and other replacement rates, and the implementation of fallbacks recommended by the Federal Reserve's Alternative Reference Rates Committee (ARRC) and the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Youngman was a financial services attorney at an international law firm in its New York office.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Tufts University, B.A.
- New York
- American Bar Association, Derivatives and Futures Law Committee; Working Group on LIBOR
- New York City Bar Association, Futures & Derivatives Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Derivatives & Structured Products Law Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Derivatives and Futures Law, 2019-2022
- The Legal 500 USA, Finance: Restructuring (including Bankruptcy) – Municipal, 2015-2017