Erin Goodman is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office, where she focuses on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions.
As part of her practice, Ms. Goodman handles the acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of commercial, hospitality, industrial and residential buildings, as well as advises on land use, cooperative and condominium law, leasehold condominiums and real estate tax exemptions.
Ms. Goodman has also represented clients on various New York City tax and zoning issues, including applying for Industrial and Commercial Abatement Program (ICAP), 421-a and 420-a real estate tax exemptions.
Ms. Goodman's representative matters include:
- Represent developers in the creation of mixed-use and residential condominiums in New York City located at: 15 West 61st Street, 100 Claremont Avenue, 100 Vandam Street, 181 East 28th Street, 66 Clinton Street, 540 West 21st Street and 114 Sixth Avenue
- Represent developers in the negotiation and disposition of residential and commercial property in New York City, including property located at: 1 Great Jones Alley, 275 West 10th Street, 221 West 77th Street, 100 East 53rd Street, 420 Fifth Avenue and 332 West 11th Street
- Represent landlords and tenants in structuring and establishing leasehold condominiums and obtaining 420-a real estate tax exemption benefits for not-for-profit entities; representative clients include charter schools, trade schools, religious schools, medical centers, food donation organizations and community health centers
- Represent hospitality companies in negotiating leases, management agreements and other operational agreements
- Represent lenders in analyzing and making construction loans on properties in New York
- Represent developers in negotiating and obtaining construction loans
- Represent owners in negotiating ground leases, operating leases and let leases of commercial properties
- Represent borrowers in loan defeasance processes
- Represent not-for-profit entities and religious organizations in obtaining New York State Office of the Attorney General approval to sell properties and assets
- Prepare and file offering plans with the New York State Office of the Attorney General
During law school, Ms. Goodman served as a law clerk to the Honorable Susan D. Wigenton of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Boston University, B.A.
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, New York Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2022, 2023
- Dean's Merit Scholarship, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Alexander Fellow, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law