Governmental Investigations Involving the Debt Collection Industry: Ignorance is Not Bliss
Holland & Knight Program
Washington, DC 20006
Holland & Knight and ACA International, the association of credit and collection professionals, invite you to attend an engaging half-day seminar on debt collection.
This program will have a particular focus on law enforcement investigations involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Targets and criteria for selection of targets
- How law enforcement investigations are conducted, strategies used by the government and expectations they have for defense counsel
- Criteria for prosecutorial discretion
- Trends and concerns in the industry
- Anthony DiResta | Partner, Holland & Knight
- Kwamina Williford | Partner, Holland & Knight
- Anthony Alexis | Enforcement Director, CFPB
- Heather Allen | Acting Assistant Director, Division of Financial Practices, FTC
- Daniel Dwyer | Attorney, Division of Financial Practices, FTC
- Cory Eichhorn | Partner, Holland & Knight
- Greg Nodler | Senior Counsel for Enforcement Policy and Strategy, CFPB
- Philip E. "Phil" Rothschild | Senior Counsel, Holland & Knight
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. | Check-in and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | Presentations
- 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. | Lunch and "Hot Topic Concerning TCPA Litigation" presentation by Cory Eichhorn and Phil Rothschild
Continuing Legal Education
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.