Website Privacy Litigation 2022: Mitigating the Hidden Risks of Everyday Website Technology
Practising Law Institute (PLI)
Entrance on 45th Street
New York, NY
Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Partners and Chris Iaquinto will join a Practising Law Institute (PLI) program exploring the inherent risks associated with some of the most commonly used website technologies on the internet. Many companies with a significant online presence routinely use a host of back-end tools, features and software on their websites for marketing, analytics and optimization purposes. These seemingly innocuous everyday tools may be widely used without any nefarious intent; however, these commonplace technologies can carry significant litigation risks that companies may not be aware of.
Tools that have become a core part of business operations, or worse, have been left in use without returning any tangible benefit, can create liability for potential data misuse claims arising under a variety of state and federal data privacy laws. Make sure you or your clients understand the data privacy risks involved in commonplace website technologies, and that you are doing everything you can to mitigate those risks.
Attend this half-day program in-person or online.
Topics covered include:
- legal risks inherent in widely used website technology
- best practices to minimize legal risk while using website technology
- applicable state and federal privacy laws
- types of claims that are commonly filed against companies using this technology
- potential issues affecting insurance coverage if a lawsuit or claim arises
- ways to enhance privacy practices with already-deployed technology