ARP State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds: Lessons Learned and Looking Ahead
Holland & Knight and Results for America hosted a webinar that featured key local government partners who shared best practices and lessons learned from the first round of the American Rescue Plan's (ARP) State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) investments.
The interactive conversation also covered plans for investing in key areas for the second tranche of funding, which will be released later this year. Panelists highlighted their investments in workforce, broadband, learning loss and basic income pilots, as well as discussed how they have achieved measurable impacts in their communities. This webinar also reviews the newly released Final Rule from the U.S. Department of the Treasury guiding SLFRF expenditures, which also clearly outlines how this funding can be used to support data collection and evaluation.
Results for America also highlighted its ARP Data and Evidence Dashboard, which analyzes 150 publicly available Recovery Plan reports and provides a critical tool for communities working to develop evidence-based strategies for transformative, impactful investments.
- Jen Tolentino, Director, Local Practice, Results for America
- Sam Quinney, Director of The Lab, Washington, DC
- Aaron Rubardt, Deputy Budget Director, King County, WA
- Luz Cofresi-Howe, Assistant Finance Director, City of San Jose, CA
- Leslie Pollner, Senior Policy Advisor, Holland & Knight
- Nicole Sherard-Freeman, Group Executive of Jobs, Economy and Detroit at Work