Quantum Computing: Tomorrow's Risks and Today's Opportunities
Cybersecurity attorney Mark Francis and intellectual property attorneys Robert Hill and Jacob Schneider co-hosted a webinar about progress in quantum computing, a phenomenon that appears to be approaching a leap from science fiction to reality. By harnessing the universe's most basic properties, these machines promise to dramatically outperform our current computers to solve previously unsolvable problems in cryptography, finance, biology, chemistry and physics, as well as in many other fields. This session explores how to prepare for the maturing quantum computing industry and the types of opportunities it creates for business leaders.
- the ingenuity behind quantum computing – using the mechanics of the microscopic universe to crunch numbers
- the types of previously "impossible" problems that quantum computing can solve
- legal and business implications when quantum computing finally makes its leap
- timing the quantum computing breakthrough
- cybersecurity compromised – the disruptive effect of quantum computers on traditional cryptography