Linda Auerbach Allderdice
Linda Auerbach Allderdice is a litigation attorney in the firm's Los Angeles and San Francisco offices and heads the firm's Labor, Employment and Benefits Practice Group in California.
Ms. Allderdice works with clients in a wide range of industries, including transportation and logistics, hospitality, entertainment, consumer products, commercial and residential real estate, event planning and production, banking, personnel services and staffing, data and asset protection, education, manufacturing and distribution, security services, technology, insurance, marketing, legal services, healthcare and retail. She is experienced in handling complex litigation in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage and hour class action and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) litigation, discrimination, harassment and whistleblower claims, and trade secret litigation. Ms. Allderdice also advises clients on compliance with local, state and federal labor and employment laws, handles labor and employment due diligence as part of merger and acquisition (M&A) deal teams, works with clients on litigation prevention strategies and conducts workplace investigations. Ms. Allderdice represents companies and educational institutions in union representation, election and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), collective bargaining and negotiating project labor accords, and neutrality agreements.
Employment Law and Related Litigation Experience
Regularly appearing in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals, Ms. Allderdice litigates a broad spectrum of employment-related claims, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and disability claims under various state and federal statutes, including California's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) laws; whistleblower and wrongful termination claims; wage and hour individual as well as collective or class action claims under the California Labor Code and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); unfair competition, trade secrets and departing employee claims; and defamation and privacy issues. Ms. Allderdice regularly participates in alternative dispute resolution, including mediations and arbitrations of employment-related disputes.
Ms. Allderdice has substantial experience in representing companies in proceedings before state and federal administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), California Labor Commissioner's Office, EEOC, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Ms. Allderdice regularly advises companies and their management on a wide range of workforce-related matters, including more recently the complex array of issues arising from the coronavirus (COVID-19) and related local, state and federal government orders regarding "shelter-in-place" guidance and regulations, and handling COVID-19 exposures in the workplace. Ms. Allderdice counsels clients on compliance with local, state and federal regulations, employment law issues arising from M&A, corporate organization and restructuring, advises on affirmative action plans and conducts workplace investigations. Ms. Allderdice works with clients to prevent litigation through effective company communications, proactive interventions in the workplace and affirmative steps in dealing with diversity and inclusion issues.
Labor Relations for Management
Ms. Allderdice began her legal career at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in Washington, D.C. In private practice, Ms. Allderdice has extensive experience in matters involving labor relations for management, representing companies and educational institutions in union prevention, collective bargaining, labor contract interpretation and administration, investigations and arbitrations, as well as representation and unfair labor practice proceedings before the NLRB. Ms. Allderdice works on land use and real estate development matters that require the negotiation of neutrality agreements or Project Labor Agreements (PLA).
Ms. Allderdice is a member of the board of the Holland & Knight Charitable Foundation and participates on its Strategic Planning Committee. Ms. Allderdice was the Public and Charitable Services Partner for the Los Angeles office from 2008 to 2014, and was a member of the firm's Diversity Council from 2008 to 2014. She is currently a member of the Diversity Committee for the Los Angeles office.
Ms. Allderdice served on the board of the Los Angeles County Bar Foundation, the former pro bono legal services arm of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and was the Foundation's president from 2010 to 2011. She also served on the board of the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Counsel for Justice, the Foundation's successor, which continues to provide pro bono legal services in Los Angeles.
Ms. Allderdice was an adjunct professor at UCLA School of Law in Spring 2011.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., Political Science, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- California Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Employment Law - Management, 2016-2022; Labor Law - Management, 2018-2022
- The Legal 500 USA, Transport: Rail and Road - Litigation and Regulation, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Los Angeles Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year, 2021
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2021
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- American Law Institute, Member, 2000-Present; Restatement of the Law for Employment Law, Members Consultative Group, 2000-2015
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Labor & Employment, 2012-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated