Alexis R. Alonzo is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Ms. Alonzo's practice focuses on complex real estate transactions, including representing institutional investors, real estate funds, opportunity funds, and public and private homebuilders in real estate joint ventures, as well as the acquisition, disposition and financing of all classes of commercial real estate.
Ms. Alonzo has represented borrowers and lenders in a number of mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions, including construction loans and revolving line of credit facilities.
Ms. Alonzo also represents some of the country's preeminent land bankers in their acquisition, financing and sales of residential housing lots. She represents top homebuilders and residential lot developers in the acquisition and sale of neighborhoods and lots located within residential communities throughout the United States.
In addition, Ms. Alonzo's practice includes negotiating and drafting joint venture agreements, development management agreements and property management agreements for various types of assets.
Ms. Alonzo has prior experience as an in-house counsel, having worked as general counsel of a privately held commercial real estate company and as an in-house counsel secondee for a large institutional investor.
- Represented a platform joint venture in the acquisition, financing and sale of numerous student housing apartment complexes located throughout the U.S.
- Represented a public homebuilder in the acquisition of land for entitlement, development and construction throughout Northern California
- Represented an institutional investor in the sales of retail properties within a client's mixed-use office, hotel and retail development in Orange County, California
- Represented an institutional investor in the sales of several large triple net (NNN) office buildings in Arizona
- Coordinated all aspects of real estate due diligence review for the acquisition of a $1.1 billion portfolio of industrial warehouses located in the central U.S.
- Represented a joint venture between an institutional real estate investor and a land banker in the acquisition, financing and development of more than $275 million worth of residential land
- Represented a joint venture in obtaining a revolving line of credit facility for client's land banking platform
- Represented an opportunity fund in connection with a loan secured by eight grocery warehouse properties located in five states in the U.S.
- Represented a private debt lender in the origination of a $70 million construction loan to finance two Los Angeles condominium developments
- Represented an institutional real estate investor in the formation of multiple joint ventures focused on the acquisition of land for residential development throughout the U.S., and represented the joint venture in the corresponding land and entity acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented an institutional real estate investor in negotiating development management agreements with a local operator for four large residential and golf course developments located in the Southeastern U.S.
- Represented a privately held real estate company in a joint venture with an institutional investor to recapitalize a trophy office building
- Represented a privately held commercial real estate company in the formation of a multitier joint venture to acquire parking properties throughout the Southwestern U.S., and represented the joint venture in acquiring and financing parking properties
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
- San Francisco State University, B.A., Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law Real Estate Law and Business Forum, Executive Committee, 2019-Present
- Mexican American Bar Association, 2019-Present
- City of Rolling Hills Estates, Equestrian Committee, 2019-Present
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, La Raza Law Students Association, 2003-2006
- Rising Star, Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2014-2020
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), 2013
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program, Executive Committee Topic Editor, 2005-2006