Joseph J. Altieri is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Mr. Altieri practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Mr. Altieri counsels a wide range of clients, from local companies to multinational corporations, across various industries, such as private equity, manufacturing, consumer products, financial services, healthcare, government services and technology.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Altieri practiced law at a major international law firm in Washington, D.C., where he represented private equity sponsors as well as public and private company clients in domestic and cross-border transactions, including leveraged buyouts, carve-out acquisitions, controlling and minority investments, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and other strategic transactions across a variety of industries.
While in law school, Mr. Altieri was the vice president of the Corporate and Financial Law Organization (CFLO) and a member of The Tax Lawyer, a joint publication with the American Bar Association (ABA). In addition, Mr. Altieri worked as a legal extern at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Division of Corporation Finance. During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Altieri was selected to the American Athletic Conference All-Academic Team and was a member of the University of South Florida's baseball team.
- Represented a U.S. 4G and 5G enterprise solutions provider in its $1.1 billion sale
- Represented a U.S. public company in the carve-out of its electric motorcycle business and the subsequent $1.8 billion de-SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) sale transaction
- Represented two private equity firms in a $720 million joint acquisition of a company providing maintenance, repair and overhaul services to U.S. Navy and commercial vessels
- Represented a private equity firm in a $1.24 billion acquisition of a funeral technology services company
- Represented a consortium of private equity firms in a $354 million joint acquisition of a U.S. government technology and logistics consulting firm, along with a subsequent follow-on acquisition of a software engineering company for $79.5 million
- Represented an investment firm in a $200 million acquisition of a restaurant chain from a private equity company
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity firm in its carve-out and subsequent $180 million sale of its DNA technology company
- Represented two Italian private equity firms in a $175 million joint acquisition of a U.S. lighting and furniture company
- Represented a private equity firm in a $130 million acquisition of a healthcare analytics and coding company, along with two follow-on acquisitions for $160 million and $30 million, respectively
- Represented a private equity firm's portfolio company in a $152 million acquisition of a national defense technology company
- Represented a private equity firm in a minority investment of approximately $80 million into an international luxury watch company
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in a $65 million acquisition of naval shipyard assets
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Dean's List, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016-2019