Shawn Amuial is a real estate and technology attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office.
Mr. Amuial regularly represents clients in a broad spectrum of real estate transactions, including commercial lending, construction financing, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and developments. His real estate practice involves advising clients on how to navigate complex real property issues and structures, including community development districts, community redevelopment agencies and intricate development agreements.
Mr. Amuial also represents clients in the technology space, providing counsel to both local startups and seasoned tech companies on venture formation, governance and financing, as well as asset acquisition and disposition.
In addition, Mr. Amuial is well-versed in blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT). He has written extensively on blockchain and DLT, publishing numerous articles on the topics as well as co-authoring with Partners Joe Dewey and Jeff Seul the book The Blockchain: A Guide for Legal and Business Professionals, published by Thomson Reuters. Mr. Amuial regularly advises clients on legal and regulatory issues that surround the use of blockchain in a broad range of applications and notably in the convergence of blockchain technology and the real estate industry.
Lastly, Mr. Amuial is ingrained in the legal technology space and is intimately involved in the firm's efforts to identify, develop and implement cutting-edge technologies into the practice of law.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., certificates in Transactional Law and Intellectual Property, with honors
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.B.A., Finance and Entrepreneurship, with distinction
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2021, 2022
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Top Dealmaker of the Year Award, Mixed Use, Daily Business Review, 2016