Hugo Arza practices in the areas of land use and zoning, real estate, and state and local government advocacy. Mr. Arza represents a wide range of clients, including residential, commercial and industrial real estate developers, charter school operators and vendors in the business of providing goods and services to government agencies.
Mr. Arza regularly represents property owners, builders and developers in Miami-Dade County and every major municipality in the county on land development matters. In particular, he has handled hundreds of comprehensive plan changes, rezoning efforts and site plan approvals for residential, commercial, industrial and educational clients.
Mr. Arza also regularly advises clients in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, development agreements and related transactions where there are land development or entitlement issues.
- Representing a national homebuilder in the entitlement process, including rezoning, site plan and concurrency approvals for more than 3,000 residences in Hialeah, Florida
- Representing a charter school in securing the approvals required for a 900 student expansion in Hialeah Gardens, Florida
- Representing a shopping center developer in securing site plan approval for a 250,000-square-foot shopping center in Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Secured approvals for mixed-use residential and commercial project in transit corridor
- Representing a developer in securing approvals for a grocery store anchored 87,000-square-foot shopping center in the Town of Cutler Bay, Florida
- Representing a property owner in redesignating property on the Miami-Dade County land use map to allow for commercial development along a major transit corridor
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Amherst College, B.A., cum laude
- New York