Roddy Bailey is a deal lawyer and the executive partner of Holland & Knight's Chattanooga office. His M&A and securities experience is prized by clients who value his ability to see the entire playing field from pre-deal investment or corporate planning through transformative transactions and post-closing matters.
Mr. Bailey is a trusted advisor in the private equity space, where he leads and advises on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions and growth equity financings, as well as general corporate law. Issuers and investors at every stage - angel, growth and late stage - value his insight and experience. Mr. Bailey represents both investors and portfolio companies in venture capital investment transactions, including early-stage and growth equity transactions. With his help, a large technology company was recently able to raise late-stage venture capital as a prelude to an initial public offering. For a software company, Mr. Bailey quarterbacked multiple rounds of venture capital funding to promote sales growth and expand into new markets.
Mr. Bailey also advises clients on the formation of investment funds - including private equity, venture capital and hedge funds - as well as institutional and individual investors in those funds. His fund-side experience includes representing a logistics-focused venture capital fund, and advising a southeastern network of angel investors. Related to this practice, Mr. Bailey counsels clients on a wide variety of operational and strategic issues, including joint ventures, technology licenses, commercial contracts and general corporate matters.
- Represented Arcadea Group, a Canada-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of Flight Vector, a leading provider of innovative software solutions for the medical, public sector and industrial air and ground transport markets
- Represented Capital Alignment Partners in its acquisition of American Pavement Preservation LLC, a Western asphalt preservation company
- Represented Capital Alignment Partners in its acquisition of Bayou Home Care, a full-service home healthcare company located in Louisiana, and in subsequent related rollup acquisitions in Texas and Louisiana
- Represented German chemical company Wacker in its acquisition of plasmid DNA manufacturer Genopis from Helixmith and PE firm Medivate Partners
- Represented software platform Kindful in its acquisition by Bloomerang, a leader in cloud-based donor management and fundraising software for small and mid-size nonprofits
- Represented River Associates-backed Presco Polymers in its acquisition of William Frick & Company, a designer, manufacturer and value-added reseller of specialty labeling and marking products
- Represented Dominus Capital in its purchase of Premier Specialty Ceramics, LLC (Kamado Joe) as well as with the credit documents for additional senior debt, additional mezzanine debt and additional equity investment by existing equity members
- Represented River Associates in its acquisition of Pelco Products, Inc., an Oklahoma-based traffic and utility hardware manufacturer and supplier
- Served as lead counsel to River Associates Investments, LP in its acquisition of Yale Cordage, a leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance synthetic rope and rope systems for critical, high cost-of-failure applications
- Served as buyer's counsel to River Associates Investments, L.P. in their acquisition of Quikserv Corp, which included negotiating the purchase agreement and senior financing documents, and advising on immigration related matters
- Advised River Associates Investments L.P. on its acquisition of Texas-based Presco Polymers
- Represented River Associates-backed Presco Polymers in its acquisition of Rhino Marking & Protection Systems, a Minnesota-based manufacturer of marker posts and other related damage prevention products including surface markers, decals and signage
- Represented White Lake Dock & Dredge Inc., a premier environmental dredging, sediment capping and marine contractor, in its sale to ENTACT LLC, a leading provider of environmental remediation and geotechnical services and a portfolio company of investment affiliates of J.F. Lehman & Company
- Served as counsel to Employment Control and its equity holder, Harbert Credit Solutions and Capital Alignment Partners, in its sale to Paramount Staffing Solutions
- Served as legal advisor to truck brokerage firm Everest Transportation Systems in a transaction with Cambridge Capital, a leading investment firm focused on the applied supply chain, who made a majority investment in the company
- Represented Majure Data and its shareholders in connection with its sale to Epicor Software Corporation
- Represented River Associates portfolio company Weaver Leather in its acquisition by Blue Point Capital Partners private equity firm
- Served as lead counsel to Total Label USA, LLC in its acquisition by Fortis Solutions Group LLC, a portfolio company of Main Post Partners specializing in packaging solutions
- Acted as transaction counsel to Tri State Distribution, Inc. and its shareholders in its sale to Consolidated Container Company
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Business Management
- District of Columbia
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2013-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Chattanooga Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyer of the Year, 2024
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Corporate M&A (Tennessee), 2022, 2023