Ivan A. Colao
Ivan A. Colao is a partner in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office. He practices in the area of corporate and securities laws, as well as in mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries, venture capital investments and loan transactions. Mr. Colao represents public and private companies, businesses and individuals in various types of financings and commercial transactions.
His experience includes public and private securities offerings, corporate acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, reorganizations, syndication and finance, asset acquisitions and dispositions, private equity fund formation, venture capital investments, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and employment agreements. Mr. Colao also has experience representing lenders in various types of loan transactions, including loans guaranteed by the Export-Import Bank of the United States and foreign export-credit agencies.
Mr. Colao counsels public companies on disclosure and corporate governance issues, executive compensation disclosure, director responsibilities and fiduciary duties, investor relations, stock exchange compliance and listing matters, and other regulatory and corporate matters. He serves as counsel to public companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ Stock Market.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, MBA
- The Citadel, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude
- Florida Venture Forum, Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc., Diocese of Saint Augustine, Advisory Board of Directors
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, International Department
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Northeast Florida Citadel Club, former President
- Sebastian Ferrero Foundation, 2011 Noche de Gala, Jacksonville, Fla., Co-Chair
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Jacksonville Mergers and Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, 2007-2022; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2018-2022
- Client Service All-Star, The BTI Consulting Group, Inc., 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Securities & Corporate Finance, 2009
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2007