Claro Manuel Cotes is an associate in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office. Mr. Cotes focuses his litigation practice on administrative, commercial and natural resources law and policy. He has experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including constitutional actions, precautionary measures, state's liability, corporate law, contract law, competition, natural resources and telecommunications law.
Mr. Cotes manages litigation proceedings before commercial and administrative courts and district tribunals. He also advises clients on matters involving the natural resources, energy, oil and gas, mining, corporate social responsibility, project finance and infrastructure industries.
In addition to his litigation and corporate services, Mr. Cotes provides consultation for developments and investigations, and creates strategies to resolve legal disputes and develop projects among the state, communities, extractive industries and other private companies.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, J.D.
- University of Dundee, LL.M., Natural Resources Law and Policy, with distinction
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Specialization, Administrative Law
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), 2013-2014
- University of Dundee Center for Energy Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) AIPN Student Club LLM Liaison, 2013-2014
- Energy Institute, 2013-2014