J.C. Ferrer is a partner in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Mr. Ferrer focuses his practice on commercial and private aviation matters, banking and finance, secured transactions, cross-border leasing and financing, general corporate matters, sales and acquisitions of capital equipment, and commercial and residential real estate. He actively represents lenders, lessors, airlines, aircraft manufacturers, publicly held and private companies, and high-net-worth individuals in connection with the purchase, sale and finance (including lease finance) of private and commercial aircraft.
In addition, Mr. Ferrer has extensive experience in the banking, finance and real estate fields with substantial representation of financial institutions, publicly traded entities and wealthy individuals in syndicated credit facilities, mortgage and asset-based financing, corporate and other commercial financing, and commercial and residential real estate financing.
Mr. Ferrer also represents clients in a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing and corporate finance, and general corporate needs such as structural and formation matters.
- Representation of a venture capital fund in connection with the divestiture of a large portfolio of commercial aircraft
- Representation of an aircraft lender in connection with the financing of numerous executive aircraft across the globe, including Indonesia and India
- Representation of a publicly traded entity in connection with the acquisition of a fleet of executive aircraft
- Representation of a U.S. lessor in connection with the lease of a fleet of commercial turbo-prop aircraft to a Venezuelan airline
- Representation of a venture capital fund in connection with the purchase of four commercial airliners on lease to a foreign airline
- Representation of a U.S. aircraft lessor in connection with more than 50 leases of commercial and private aircraft throughout Latin America and the Caribbean
- Representation of an aircraft manufacturer and financier in connection with divesture of aircraft portfolio valued at more than $400 million
- Representation of corporations and high-net-worth individuals in connection with the purchase, sale and financing of executive aircraft
- Representation of a leasing subsidiary of a large U.S. financial institution in connection with numerous lease financings of private aircraft to high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients
- Representation of a large U.S. financial institution in connection with a revolving credit facility secured by aircraft and pledged securities
- Representation of the Miami branch of a foreign bank in connection with bridge and permanent financing for a multinational manufacturing company involving collateral and guarantors spread throughout North Carolina, Virginia, Canada, the British Virgin Islands and Chile
- Representation of a large U.S. financial institution in connection with a complex revolving credit facility secured by multiple aircraft and real property located in Illinois, Colorado and Florida
- Representation of a U.S. financial institutions in connection with loan transactions secured by commercial and residential real estate
- Representation of a Latin American airline in connection with all aspects of its U.S. airline operations
- Representation of an acquiring company in connection with the acquisition of a manufacturing facility with facilities in Florida and Indiana
- Representation of an acquiring company in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in a North Carolina titanium forging company
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Florida International University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- National Aircraft Finance Association, Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section: Executive Council, Member; Legal Opinion Standards Committee, Vice Chair; Corporations, Securities and Financial Services Committee, Past Chair
- National Business Aviation Association, Member
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Aircraft: Global-wide, 2016-2023
- The Best of the Best USA, Aviation, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2017
- Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2017-2020
- Who's Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Finance, 2014-2021; Aviation Regulatory, 2014-2021; Who's Who Legal 100: Aviation, 2014; Who's Who Legal Florida: Aviation, 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated