Jessica Gonzalez is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office, where she advises clients in the structuring, negotiating and closing of debt financing transactions and restructurings.
Ms. Gonzalez's experience includes syndicated and secured lending; oil, gas and energy lending; project finance; asset-based lending; and first/second lien financing and acquisition finance. She also has experience in real estate lending and construction loans, reorganizations, workouts, debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings, bankruptcy collateral and lien analysis, as well as mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and equipment leasing.
In addition, Ms. Gonzalez has worked in a wide range of industries, including oil and gas, renewable energy, real estate investment and acquisition, financial services, healthcare and technology.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Gonzalez was an associate for an international law firm in its Houston office.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with various financings for funding and constructing solar facilities in California, New Mexico and Utah, in an aggregate amount of more than $1 billion
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in $100 million syndicated reserve-based, senior first lien secured credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets in Texas
- Represented a commercial bank, as lead arranger, in connection with a $100 million solar construction facility in Georgia
- Represented a sophisticated lender group regarding the capitalization of, and extensions of, credit to a Houston and British Virgin Islands-based family of oil and gas exploration and production companies to finance a portfolio of oil and gas reserve projects in Colombia and Peru
- Represented a mezzanine lender in a $75 million advancing term credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets located in Texas, in which the lender acquired an overriding royalty interest in the borrower's oil and gas assets Represented an ad hoc group of secured noteholders in a collateral lien review of oil and gas assets, Chapter 11 bankruptcy and lien challenge actions
- Led a transaction in connection with the development and construction of a biomass facility
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a syndicated, senior first lien secured credit facility collateralized with certain pipeline and other midstream assets located in Texas and Louisiana
- Represented an investment fund specializing in investing in companies developing and commercializing novel therapeutics in connection with a $50 million senior secured credit facility with a commercial bank
- Represented a private commercial real estate finance and investment company in connection with the negotiation of a $100 million senior credit facility to finance acquisition of skilled nursing and supportive living facilities in Illinois and Missouri
- Represented a provider of environmental solutions for power generation and industrial applications in an $85 million senior secured credit facility
- Represented a commercial bank in various construction loan financings ranging from $10 million to $75 million in connection with real estate acquisitions, apartment complex development and development of an RV resort
- Represented a futures trading software company in a $20 million first lien credit facility
- Represented a registered investment manager focused on providing capital to specialty finance originators (i.e., loan factories), in connection with their senior secured credit facility with a commercial bank and with their loan facilities to various loan factories
- Represented a leading provider of fresh-cut produce in multiple syndicated loan facilities in excess of $100 million, bridge loan facilities and a debt restructuring
- Represented food and beverage clients in connection with financing matters including a distributor of Mexican food and beverage products, a beer distributor and a honey producer
- Served as foreign counsel for U.S. subsidiaries in connection with negotiation of security documents for various European law-governed credit facilities
- Represented a commercial bank in connection with financings of senior living facilities
- Represented a mother and father with guardianship of their child with Down syndrome
- Assisted two African American law students at Georgetown and a Black-owned nonprofit in corporate matters
- Regularly participate in Consejos Legales monthly hotlines for Spanish-speaking clients
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- Harvard University, B.A., Psychology
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston, Board Member
- Mexican American Bar Association
- AVANCE – Houston, Board Member
- Harvard Alumni Association