Matthew "Matt" Grosack is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office who focuses on claims, controversies and trial practice involving high-stakes dispute resolution involving mergers and acquisitions (M&A), other change-of-control transactions and the healthcare industry generally. In connection with his M&A disputes practice, Mr. Grosack represents purchasers (private equity and strategic investors), sellers, representations and warranties (R&W) underwriters and other transaction participants in M&A disputes that impact domestic and international transactions involving small, middle-market and large businesses. His experience includes post-transaction negotiation, purchase price adjustments, earnouts, working capital issues, indemnification disputes, R&W claims investigation and litigation or arbitration related to these issues.
Mr. Grosack's practice also involves complex commercial litigation and regulatory investigation matters affecting health systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic imaging companies, outpatient facilities, and medical and physician practices. His experience includes the resolution of high-stakes disputes and investigations for healthcare clients on varied issues such as restrictive covenants, healthcare fraud, post-closing disputes in private equity-backed healthcare transactions, whistleblower (qui tam) actions, licensure and privacy-related matters in federal, state, administrative and alternative dispute resolution forums. He also has notable experience with numerous technology platforms, including medical devices, healthcare blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT), and drones.
Mr. Grosack is an active community supporter and volunteer in numerous bar, philanthropic and charitable organizations nationally and throughout South Florida. Currently, he serves on the boards of the Jackson Health Foundation and the Immigration Partnership & Coalition Fund (IMPAC Fund), and is chair of the American Bar Association's M&A Litigation Subcommittee.
- Represent representations and warranties (R&W) carriers in claims adjustment process under R&W insurance policies addressing alleged R&W breaches across multiple sectors and fact patterns
- Represent financial and strategic investors in indemnification claims arising under fraud theories or R&W breaches in multiple jurisdictions and forums
- Represent financial and strategic investors in purchase price adjustment, working capital and earnout disputes, as well as resolution of escrow disputes
- Represent strategic and private equity sponsor and portfolio companies in multiple post-closing controversies involving accounting irregularities and financial valuation methodologies, among others
- Handle minority shareholder oppression claims in numerous forums and jurisdictions
- Advise on enforcement of non-compete, non-solicit and confidentiality agreements and rights on behalf of multiple healthcare clients
- Advise on protection of trade secrets on behalf of varied provider, surgery center and other healthcare clients
- Representation of surgery center client in appeal of appeal of court order permitting expansive inquiry into surgery center client confidential information
- Presented oral argument before the Florida Supreme Court on behalf of hospital client in connection with appeal of arbitration award
- Assisted with defense against allegations of multimillion-dollar damage to healthcare capital equipment under lease arrangement in arbitration proceeding
- Advise on partnership disputes, practice break-ups and similar controversies on behalf of a variety of healthcare clients
- Handled defense of class action claims on behalf of insurance company in connection with allegations of improperly denied payments
- Advised provider client in connection with alleged non-compliance with pain-clinic management registration requirements
- Conducted internal investigations regarding alleged non-compliance with a healthcare regulatory requirements for varied healthcare sectors
- Obtained multimillion-dollar judgment for Chilean client on breach of contract claim
- Handled alleged breach of exclusivity provisions under credit agreement
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- American Bar Association, Commercial Business Litigation Section, M&A Litigation Subcommittee, Chair, 2020-Present
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Law Alumni Council, Campus Outreach Committee Co-Chair, 2020-Present
- Jackson Health Foundation, Board Member, 2019-Present
- Immigration Partnership & Coalition Fund (IMPAC Fund), Board Member, 2017-Present
- United Way of Miami Dade, Tocqueville Society, Executive Cabinet, 2017-2019
- United Way of Miami Dade, Board Member Ex Officio, 2016-2017
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2020
- Order of Coif