Todd Ryan Hambidge
Todd Hambidge is a skilled and formidable litigator who is trusted and respected by both clients and colleagues. He is a relentless advocate for clients known for his incisive ability to distill complex conflicts and disputes to their core issues. Highly responsive and attentive, Mr. Hambidge brings a personal commitment to solving problems for clients across a wide range of industries.
Clients rely on his for legal counsel in:
- intellectual property disputes
- financial services litigation
- media disputes
- general business litigation
In his IP litigation practice, Mr. Hambidge defends the intellectual property rights of technology companies, media clients, consumer products manufacturers, and retailers in cases involving:
- misappropriation of trade secrets
- trademark infringement, dilution, and counterfeiting
- copyright infringement
- patent infringement
In the financial services arena, he has defended numerous banks and financial institutions against claims brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and other federal and state laws and regulations. He has successfully obtained dismissal of several Americans with Disabilities Act actions against community banks in connection with ATM functionality and successfully obtained dismissal on behalf of a debt portfolio company in numerous Fair Debt Collection Practices Act cases in multiple jurisdictions.
Additionally, Mr. Hambidge has extensive experience with First Amendment law and defends media clients in connection with print, online, and television content from claims of libel and false light invasion of privacy. He also represents media clients and news-gathering organizations with issues involving open courts, public records, and the Tennessee shield law. He has successfully represented a major newspaper company in connection with open court issues and high-profile public records litigation.
Mr. Hambidge's more general business litigation practice focuses primarily on contractual disputes, fraud, tortious interference, unfair competition, and statutory compliance.
Previously, he was a litigator in the New York office of Fulbright & Jaworski, which is now the U.S. member of Norton Rose Fulbright.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- DePauw University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- All U.S. District Courts in New York
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2011-2021