Mark E. Haranzo
Mark E. Haranzo is chair of Holland & Knight's New York Private Wealth Services Group. Mr. Haranzo focuses his practice on domestic and international private client matters for affluent individuals and their families. His clients include entrepreneurs, corporate executives, family offices, real estate developers, business owners, investors and investment bankers, as well as artists, entertainers, writers, collectors and philanthropists.
Mr. Haranzo has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of estate and gift planning for individuals and families, including matters with complex multigenerational or multijurisdictional issues. He advises corporate and individual fiduciaries and beneficiaries on all aspects of trust and estate administration. Mr. Haranzo is dual qualified in the United States and United Kingdom and represents U.S. and non-U.S. clients in the U.S. and abroad. He also represents clients in connection with disputes, such as will and trust contests, fiduciary appointments and contested accountings.
In addition, Mr. Haranzo counsels charitable organizations and advises individuals on philanthropic matters. He also advises individuals on asset protection in connection with matrimonial matters and frequently structures prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements, including international and multijurisdictional agreements.
Mr. Haranzo previously worked as an estate tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service in Manhattan where he gained extensive experience handling tax audits of complex estates and substantial gifts.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A., Finance
- England and Wales
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- Washoe County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- California Lawyers Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Estates & Probate Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Probate Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, International Section
- New York City Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, International Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- ACTEC International Estate Planning Committee, FATF Task Force
- The American Museum in Britain, Board of Trustees, Deputy Chair
- Stetson University College of Law, Board of Overseers
- New-York Historical Society, Planned Giving Advisory Board
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts & Estates, 2015-2022
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Law: New York, 2020, 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020
- Citywealth Leaders List, 2014-2016