Jerome W. Hoffman
Jerome W. Hoffman is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee and Jacksonville offices. Mr. Hoffman practices in the area of complex commercial litigation and in healthcare regulatory matters, with special emphasis on antitrust, unfair competition, consumer fraud, False Claims Act, Medicaid and Medicare fraud investigations, and government investigations in those areas.
For over 20 years, Mr. Hoffman has represented hospitals and physician groups in numerous antitrust and unfair competition, including defending claims of monopolization, exclusive dealing, tying, boycotts and price fixing. He has successfully guided hospitals and physician groups on merger issues before the Federal Trade Commission and the Florida Attorney General's Office.
Mr. Hoffman has also represented numerous hospitals and physician groups in False Claims Act, Medicare/Medicaid overpayment and regulatory investigations and litigation.
He has also represented a wide variety of non-healthcare clients in antitrust, False Claims Act, and consumer fraud actions by private parties, as well as by state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Hoffman served as General Counsel for the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration supervising 40 attorneys responsible for prosecuting Medicaid overpayments; regulating hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and home health agencies; prosecuting disciplinary cases before the Board of Medicine and other healthcare professional licensing boards; and providing general legal services to the Agency.
Mr. Hoffman also served as Chief of the Antitrust Section of the Florida Attorney General's Office for eight years. As Chief, he was lead counsel for the State of Florida in over a dozen major antitrust cases in both state and federal courts in a wide variety of industries involving bid-rigging, price fixing, monopolization and other restraints of trade, as well as merger reviews.
- Physician Groups
- Home Health
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Health Insurance
- Biotech/Medical Device
- Waste Collection and Disposal
- Dredging and Beach Re-nourishment
- Highway Construction
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Commercial Tissue
- Liquid Chlorine
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B.
- All State Courts in Florida
- All Federal Courts in Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, 2006-2013; Advertising Law, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, Litigation - Antitrust, 2006-2022; Antitrust Law, 2021, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2022
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2013-2022
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2006-2022
- Outstanding Services Award, American Bar Association Military Pro Bono Project, 2019
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Antitrust, 2007-2019, 2021, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Jacksonville Health Care Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tallahassee Health Care Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, November 2009
- Ray Marvin Award -- National Association of Attorneys General as Top Assistant Attorney General in the United States, 1994