- Holland & Knight's Healthcare Antitrust Team combines the practical application of antitrust and competition laws with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry to effectively manage issues and mitigate exposure.
- We offer proactive counsel to help clients identify — and avoid — potential competition issues before they become problems.
- When a concern arises, we help clients assess the options and develop a strategy to minimize the risks.
Holland & Knight's Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Group includes a team of lawyers who concentrate on antitrust issues impacting the healthcare industry. Members of our Healthcare Antitrust Team provide proactive counsel to hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and managed care providers to help you identify, avoid and — when necessary — address potential competition issues.
The Right Combination of Knowledge
Several lawyers on our Healthcare Antitrust Team have significant antitrust experience coupled with in-depth healthcare knowledge. We combine the practical application of antitrust and competition laws with our own deep understanding of the healthcare industry to effectively manage your issues and mitigate exposure.
Our Healthcare Antitrust Team has extensive, hands-on experience in regulations that relate to the healthcare industry. We offer proactive counsel to help you identify — and avoid — potential competition issues before they become problems. However, when concerns do arise, we can help you assess your options and develop a strategy to minimize your risks.
Members of our team regularly assist healthcare clients in connection with a wide range of issues, including:
- compliance counseling
- establishing and operating "messenger-model" physician organizations
- advising on the creation of accountable care organizations
- structuring joint ventures
- merger and acquisition transactions, including Hart-Scott-Rodino filings and responses to DOJ/FTC "second requests"
- developing exclusive provider arrangements and exclusive contracts for services
- negotiating with third-party payors and managed care plans
- addressing Sherman Act claims related to price fixing and other horizontal restraints of trade
- monopolization and attempts to monopolize
- addressing staff privilege disputes
- enforcement of non-compete provisions in employment or distribution agreements
- antitrust/consumer protection litigation
Counsel You Can Trust
Holland & Knight is ranked among the top law firms for antitrust litigation in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The publication also notes that our team "brings invaluable experience to bear for clients." In addition, The Best Lawyers in America® selected 16 of our team members for inclusion in several categories of its 2012 guide, including antitrust, healthcare and regulatory enforcement.
Experience on Your Side
Our team includes seasoned trial attorneys with extensive industry insight gained through service in previous positions, including the former chief of the antitrust section of the Florida attorney general's office. We possess the background, knowledge and experience to help you safely navigate complex antitrust regulations.
Your Resource for Industry Developments
Our Healthcare Antitrust Team is at the forefront of developments within the field and we frequently speak and write on the latest trends. In fact, members of our team are regular contributors to the Practicing Law Institute's Corporate Compliance Answer Book.