- Holland & Knight's Healthcare Antitrust Team combines the practical application of antitrust and competition laws with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry to effectively manage issues and mitigate exposure.
- We offer proactive counsel to help clients identify — and avoid — potential competition issues before they become problems.
- When a concern arises, we help clients assess the options and develop a strategy to minimize the risks.
Holland & Knight's Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Group includes a team of lawyers who concentrate on antitrust issues impacting the healthcare industry. Members of our Healthcare Antitrust Team provide proactive counsel to hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and managed care providers to help you identify, avoid and – when necessary – address potential competition issues.
The Right Combination of Knowledge
Lawyers on our Healthcare Antitrust Team have significant antitrust experience coupled with in-depth healthcare industry knowledge. We combine the practical application of antitrust laws with our own deep understanding of the healthcare industry to effectively manage your issues and avoid or mitigate exposure.
Our Healthcare Antitrust Team has extensive, hands-on experience representing healthcare clients. We offer proactive counsel to help you identify – and avoid – potential competition issues before they become problems. When concerns do arise, we can help you assess your options, develop a strategy to minimize your risks, and execute on that strategy before the antitrust enforcement agencies or in court.
Members of our team regularly assist healthcare clients in connection with a wide range of issues, including:
- providing compliance counseling
- establishing and operating "messenger-model" physician organizations
- advising on the creation of accountable care organizations
- structuring joint ventures
- guiding clients through mergers and acquisitions, from preparing Hart-Scott-Rodino filings to responding to Second Requests from the antitrust enforcement agencies
- developing exclusive provider arrangements and exclusive contracts for services
- negotiating with third-party payers and managed care plans
- defending against allegations of price fixing or other horizontal restraints of trade, including monopolization or attempts to monopolize
- addressing staff privilege disputes
- evaluating and assisting in enforcement of non-compete provisions in employment or distribution agreements
Experience on Your Side
Our team includes seasoned trial attorneys with extensive industry insight gained through service in previous positions, including the former chief of the antitrust section of the Florida attorney general's office. We possess the background, knowledge and experience to help you safely navigate complex antitrust regulations.
Your Resource for Industry Developments
Our Healthcare Antitrust Team is at the forefront of developments within the field, and we frequently speak and write on the latest trends. In fact, members of our team are regular contributors to the Practicing Law Institute's Corporate Compliance Answer Book.