Robert M. Jaworski is a financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office who focuses on consumer credit compliance and other regulatory issues of concern to banks, thrifts, credit unions, mortgage bankers, secondary mortgage lenders, finance companies and industry-related trade associations.
Mr. Jaworski has extensive experience counseling institutions that provide financial products and services to consumers regarding the myriad federal and state laws and regulations with which they must comply. He assists clients in their development of new consumer financial products and services, reviews documents for compliance with federal and state laws, assists with bank applications and other regulatory issues of concern to banking institutions, helps financial institutions resolve compliance and licensing issues raised by state and federal regulators, performs compliance audits of loan files and operations, assists litigators in consumer finance-related individual and class action litigation, and provides counsel on day-to-day compliance issues as they arise.
Previously, Mr. Jaworski has served as a Deputy Attorney General in the New Jersey Division of Law and as Deputy Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Banking. He was also the former editor of Pratt's Mortgage Compliance Letter, a national publication on mortgage compliance issues, and an educator, having founded and served for many years as an instructor for a company that trained mortgage loan originators on federal and New Jersey residential mortgage laws and regulations. Mr. Jaworski is a frequent speaker on compliance issues before state and national groups and has authored numerous articles on financial services issues.
Admitted in New Jersey only.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Stevens Institute of Technology, M.S.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.S.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee; Housing Finance Subcommittee, former Co-Chair
- New Jersey Bar Association, Banking Law Section, Director and former Chairman
- American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators' Advisory Council, former Member
- Conference on Consumer Finance Law Governing Committee, former Member
- American College of Consumer Financial Lawyers, Fellow