Sara M. Klock
Ms. Klock represents life sciences clients on regulatory and enforcement matters before federal and state agencies and law enforcement authorities, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Ms. Klock advises clients on market strategy, product classification and regulatory compliance.
In addition to her regulatory and enforcement practice, Ms. Klock conducts due diligence and evaluates risks of FDA- and USDA-regulated entities in commercial transactions. Ms. Klock also drafts and negotiates life science contracts and agreements pertaining to clinical trials, manufacturing, distributing, licensing and marketing. She also drafts legislation and legal analyses in support of client legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Klock served as clerk to the Honorable Mark M. Dowd, Administrative Law Judge for the DEA, a position she was awarded through the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) Attorney General's Honors Program.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Siena College, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Washington, D.C. Healthcare Law Ones to Watch, 2024
- 30 Under 30, University of Miami, 2022
- Daniel B. Gaubatz Memorial Award, University of Miami Law Review, 2017