Jen Lowndes is a construction litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando and Atlanta offices. Ms. Lowndes' practice is exclusively focused on helping clients avoid and resolve complex construction disputes. She routinely counsels large construction managers, design/build firms, general contractors, large-scale subcontractors, as well as international equipment manufacturers in the public and private sectors, assisting her clients on projects throughout the United States and internationally.
Through her practice, Ms. Lowndes handles matters that cover a wide range of industries, including projects related to vertical construction, sports stadiums, highways and related infrastructure, power plants, wind farms, manufacturing and processing plants, pharmaceutical research and development facilities, shipbuilding and data centers. Based on the high-profile nature of the projects Ms. Lowndes is involved with, she has significant experience managing sensitive disputes with public relations concerns and political considerations.
In addition to providing traditional litigation and arbitration trial services, Ms. Lowndes routinely provides insights and advice during the negotiation and review of contracts, identifying potential risk exposure and liabilities. Ms. Lowndes is also engaged by clients to work hand in hand with project teams during the course of construction to help obtain commercial resolutions to issues as they arise. This often involves the evaluation and preparation of claims during the course of the project, as well as handling the client's representation in mediation, structured settlement meetings and/or dispute resolution board hearings.
- Representation of one of the world's leading construction management companies in a dispute with a government agency involving more than $200 million in claims stemming from the abatement and deconstruction of a building located at ground zero in Lower Manhattan
- Provided project support and claims preparation services for one of the world's largest engineering/construction firms during a design/build highway project with a Texas state agency, achieving a commercial resolution for substantial cost overruns related to delay, loss of productivity, extra work and disruption claims
- Represented one of the top national construction management companies in a dispute with a city over the demolition and reconstruction of a sports stadium in Central Florida
- Represented a global manufacturing company in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration setting against the owner involving disputes arising out of the build in South America of one of the largest paper/pulp mills in the world
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D., Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting, magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, M.A., with highest honors
- Emory University, B.A., with highest honors
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Mercer Law Review, Managing Editor
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Construction, 2022
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Construction, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Next Generation Lawyer, Real Estate – Construction, 2018
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2018