Vanessa Madrid is a transactional attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office, primarily practicing in real estate and corporate law. She focuses her practice on land use and zoning, real estate transactions and general corporate matters.
Developers and other property owners rely on Ms. Madrid's extensive experience to assist them with a broad spectrum of land use, zoning and environmental matters throughout the development process. Her experience includes helping clients with mergers and acquisitions (M&A), cross-border transactions, joint ventures, private equity deals, commercial business arrangements and day-to-day corporate governance matters.
Ms. Madrid's leadership roles include membership on the firm’s Public and Charitable Services Relations Sub-Committee, 9/11 Day of Service Committee, Hispanic Affinity Group and Women’s Initiative.
- Obtained approval for 47 townhome units in Miami-Dade County
- Approval of a 33-acre large-scale, super-regional retail center with more than 400,000 square feet (SF) of leasable area in Miami-Dade County
- Obtained approval for a mixed-use development with 150,000 SF of retail, dining and entertainment in the City of Doral
- Obtained approval for the redevelopment of an office complex into a mixed-use development with more than 78,000 SF of commercial space and 350 multifamily units
- Obtained land use and zoning approval for a 2.5 million SF mixed-use project in the City of North Miami Beach
- Approval of a $1.5 billion waterfront mixed-use project in the City of North Miami Beach
- Approval of 160,000 SF office, restaurant and mega yacht marina project in Miami Beach
- Approval of various auto dealerships in Miami-Dade County
- Obtained approval for several fast food chain restaurant locations in Miami-Dade, City of Homestead and City of Doral
- Approval of $99 million project consisting of 373 multifamily residential units in the City of North Miami Beach
- Approval of 409 multifamily residential units in the City of North Miami Beach
- Approval of a liquefied natural gas facility in the City of Homestead
- Approval of 250 affordable multifamily units in the City of Homestead
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2024
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leaders, 2023
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2019, 2020
- Leadership Miami, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Class XLII, 2020-2021