June L. Marshall
June L. Marshall is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office who focuses her practice on multifamily and mixed-use real estate development, including the acquisition and disposition of real property, the creation of residential, mixed-use and commercial condominium regimes and retail leasing. Ms. Marshall counsels real estate developers, development companies, affordable housing developers and residential associations. She is well versed in complex condominium related matters, cooperatives, structuring air rights lots, drafting covenants, reciprocal easement agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
Ms. Marshall's practice also includes advising clients on the District of Columbia Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA) and the District Opportunity to Purchase Act (DOPA) during the sale, purchase and redevelopment of multifamily and low-income housing tax credit rental properties.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Marshall worked at a boutique real estate law firm where her practice included condominium development and she also represented individuals, business entities and nonprofit organizations in civil litigation, appellate and District of Columbia agency matters primarily in the areas of real estate law including premise liability, personal injury, TOPA and real property disputes.
In addition, Ms. Marshall served as a law clerk for the Honorable Stephanie Duncan-Peters of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. In this role, she drafted orders and opinions that resolved legal issues in both civil and criminal law.
Ms. Marshall serves as the co-chair of Holland & Knight's Women's Initiative in the Washington, D.C., office.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- Rice University, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE), Green Building Advisory Council (GBAC), 2022-2024
- U.S. Rowing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- The District of Columbia Bar, Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Community, Co-Chair, 2015-2019
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Rice Alumni Volunteers for Admission (RAVA)
- Association of Rice University Black Alumni (ARUBA)
- Capital Rowing Club, Director At-Large, 2017-2018
- Pathway to Inclusion Program, Urban Land Institute Washington, 2020-2021
- Leadership Circle, Street Law Inc.
- Top 100 Lawyers in the District of Colombia, The National Black Lawyers, 2019
- Pro Bono All Star, Holland & Knight, 2018-2021
- Frederick B. Abramson Award for Group Bar Project of the Year, District of Columbia Bar, 2015
- John Payton Leadership Academy of the District of Columbia Bar, Class of 2014