Manuel Miranda is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice.
Mr. Miranda focuses on complex commercial litigation and international disputes, particularly in arbitration and investigations, and has successfully represented plaintiffs and claimants in business-to-business disputes, breaches of representations and warranties, and other claims related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He also assists in class actions, cross-border litigation, securities litigation, breach of contract, and bankruptcy and creditors' rights matters. He is well versed in advising corporate clients in civil, criminal and administrative proceedings.
Before joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Miranda worked for a class-action law firm, where he litigated numerous complex, high-profile securities matters.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Miranda served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Daniel R. Domínguez of the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
During law school, Mr. Miranda served as a legal intern at the U.S. Department of Justice's National Courts Section, where he assisted in defending the U.S. government in breach of contract actions.
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) representations and warranties insurance arbitration: Acting for global insurance provider in a dispute arising out of a representations and warranties policy and underlying breaches, in defense of alleged damages approaching $10 million
- Streamlined Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS) private-equity arbitration: For a leading private equity firm, recovered nearly 50 percent of a portfolio company's purchase price for breached representations and warranties about a single lost customer, plus legal fees, after a four-day final hearing
- Failed accounting software implementation dispute: For a multibillion-dollar financial services firm, sued a global software provider; minutes before opening statements to the jury, the matter resolved for more than seven times the defendant's highest previous offer
- High-value products liability and consumer fraud claims: For one of the largest manufacturers of ink, pursuing claims against international and domestic defendants for consumer fraud, misrepresentations and products liability valued at about $20 million
- International post-deal dispute: Defending a listed Spanish global telecommunications and infrastructure business against post-mergers and acquisitions (M&A) claims arising from alleged breaches of representations, warranties and covenants, valued at nearly $10 million
- Multijurisdictional fiduciary duty and conspiracy litigation: For the U.S. subsidiary of a global Spanish conglomerate, pursued claims for breach of fiduciary duty, civil conspiracy, and aiding and abetting; after seven-day trial, the jury returned a verdict of full liability
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Bentley University, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Mock Trial Honor Society, American University, Washington College of Law, 2011-2013
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2021
- Dean's List, Bentley University