Daniel Patten is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Patten advises healthcare facilities, physician practices, health systems, behavioral health services providers and health plans on a wide range of regulatory compliance issues related to day-to-day operations as well as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures and other transactional matters. He provides counsel to clients ranging from private and public corporations to private equity investors and commercial lending groups.
His experience includes knowledge of federal and state fraud and abuse laws, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and state patient privacy law and Medicare conditions of participation and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement rules.
Mr. Patten also has experience with guidance following allegations or findings of significant noncompliance, whether that be organizing submissions of self-disclosures, consulting on qui tam actions, or providing compliance program review and development He also has experience with advising value-based organizations and enterprises.
Additionally, Mr. Patten helps healthcare clients navigate state managed care requirements for health plan and provider contracts.
- Belmont University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Anthropology
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Health Care Law, 2021-2024; Administrative / Regulatory Law, 2022-2024
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2020-2023