Madison Santana is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Ms. Santana's practice focuses on federal and state fraud and abuse matters, professional licensing requirements and Medicare/Medicaid enrollment rules.
Ms. Santana advises healthcare facilities, behavioral health providers, physician practices, health systems and healthcare investors on a wide range of regulatory compliance issues for both operational and transactional matters. In addition, she routinely assists clients in developing and implementing compliance programs and policies, as well as advises clients on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and patient privacy issues.
Previously, Ms. Santana gained valuable experience as a healthcare associate for a law firm based in Austin, Texas, where she focused on Medicaid regulatory and finance matters, and assisted hospital clients in navigating federal eligibility and reporting requirements under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and other COVID-19 congressional relief bills.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- The University of Alabama, B.S., magna cum laude
- United Way of Greater Nashville Young Leaders Society, Board Member, 2023-2025
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Law Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association