Michael E. Scheinberg is a commercial real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Century City office. Mr. Scheinberg focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including real estate joint ventures (including preferred equity investments), portfolio and single-asset acquisitions and dispositions, private equity fund formation, restructurings, construction and development, real estate finance (including construction and permanent loan origination and workouts and mezzanine financing) and leasing.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Scheinberg was a partner for a boutique national real estate law firm in Los Angeles.
- Represented institutional investors and sponsors on dozens of single asset and programmatic joint ventures, including representation of the developer of a five-star, luxury hotel and condominium building in Aspen, Colorado
- Represented a client in programmatic joint venture with a global asset management firm for the acquisition of avocado farms worldwide
- Represented a commercial real estate investment firm on the acquisition of a $650 million real estate portfolio consisting of more than 11 million square feet of industrial and office assets in six states, including a joint venture with real estate investment and management services company
- Represented commercial real estate investment firm on sale of a 6 million square foot, Class A industrial property portfolio for more than $550 million to San Francisco-based real estate investment management firm
- Represented a New York City-based real estate investment manager in a pre-development bridge loan for a West Hollywood hotel; also handled extensive entitlement issues and negotiations with the major hotel chain
- Represented a real estate development company as borrower on a $265 million syndicated construction loan with a major bank as administrative agent for a $500 million condominium project in downtown Los Angeles adjacent to Crypto.com Arena (formerly Staples Center)
- Represented commercial real estate investment firm on the acquisition of a $650 million real estate portfolio consisting of more than 11 million square feet of industrial and office assets in six states, including a joint venture with real estate investment and management services company
- Represented real estate investment firm in a self-storage portfolio financing with life insurance company; client is the current enterprise of the founders and senior executives of one of the largest self-storage companies in the U.S., which had grown to be a publicly traded company and was sold to another U.S. storage company
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- Northwestern University, MBA
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- California Lawyers Association, Real Property Law Section, 1983-Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2007-2022