David I. Schneider is a land use attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office. Mr. Schneider focuses his practice on land use and real estate development where he assists developers and landowners in a wide variety of land use entitlements in jurisdictions throughout Northern Virginia. He effectively and strategically advises clients to help secure rezonings, special exceptions, comprehensive sign plans, special use permits, variances and comprehensive plan amendments. Mr. Schneider's experience includes mixed-use and transit-oriented development (TOD) near metro stations, senior housing and infill development. He also provides a range of experience advising purchasers, sellers and lenders in land use feasibility studies and due diligence.
Mr. Schneider adds value to clients' development projects with his holistic and creative approach to land use. From initial feasibility to final approval, he provides timely and cost-effective advice to maximize development potential while navigating the interpersonal aspects of development in this region. As a native of Fairfax County, Virginia, Mr. Schneider takes pride in helping the Northern Virginia region evolve through smart development.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Tufts University, B.A., English, magna cum laude
- Tysons Partnership
- Executive Committee, 2021-Present
- Land Use Council, Co-Chair, 2021-Present
- Placemaking Committee, Chair, 2019-Present
- Emerging Leaders Council, Past Chair, 2013-2019
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Northern Virginia Chapter
- Developing Leaders, Co-Chair, 2021-Present
- Member, 2014-Present
- Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, D.C., Board Vice Chair, 2018-Present
- Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce, Board Secretary, 2019-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tysons Land Use and Zoning Law Ones to Watch, 2021
- Young Professional of the Year, Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Holland & Knight Living the Commitment Award, 2018
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014, 2017, 2018
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2017-2020
- The Order of Barristers
- Honorable Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court, Finalist Award winner, 2011