Sarah Seedig is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Denver office, co-leader of the firm's Women's Initiative for the Denver office and a member of the firm's Diversity Council. She has more than a decade of experience representing automobile dealers and investors in the retail automotive industry with respect to buy/sell transactions, including real estate acquisition and disposition or leasing, state licensing, and manufacturer approval. As part of her core practice, Ms. Seedig excels at managing complicated and complex mergers and acquisitions or investments in the automotive retail sector. She also has experience representing investors and operators in recreational vehicle, heavy truck and industrial equipment dealerships.
Ms. Seedig regularly counsels dealers and investors with respect to their ongoing relationships with manufacturers and state motor vehicle dealer laws. Additionally, Ms. Seedig has extensive experience representing dealers as borrowers in the negotiation of credit facilities related to buy/sells or ongoing operations, including acquisition (blue sky) debt, working capital debt, real estate/mortgage debt, and floorplan (inventory) financing.
In addition, Ms. Seedig has served as lender's counsel to a Fortune 500 insurance company with respect to multiple loan transactions totaling more than $1 billion as part of its commercial mortgage lending program.
- Represented a large auto dealership group owned by a family office to structure and implement an acquisition and consolidation plan on a nationwide basis
- Represented several large dealership groups on multipoint and multijurisdictional acquisitions of operations and real estate
- Represented several private equity groups and family offices on internal structure and process in purchase transaction of multiple dealership groups
- Represented several clients on large-scale platform financing for dealership groups with operations in several states and multiple flooring sources
- Represented a private dealership group in the acquisition of one of the largest Mercedes-Benz dealerships in the U.S. on an accelerated timeline
- Represented a major producer of diamond wire in the sale of substantially all of its assets, including proprietary cutting technology, to a Swiss saw manufacturer for cash and purchaser stock registered on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Represented a U.K.-based internet dating agency listed on the London Stock Exchange in its acquisition of the stock of a U.S.-based internet dating agency
- Represented a national self-storage and mini-warehouse operator in its $35 million portfolio acquisition and related debt financing with an institutional lender
- Represented the owners of a scrap metal recycling company in its business combination resulting in the largest privately owned recycling operation in the western U.S.
- Served as lender's counsel to a Fortune 500 insurance company for a more than $120 million loan secured by seven office buildings in six different states
- Served as lender's counsel to a Fortune 500 insurance company for a more than $50 million acquisition loan secured by four franchised hotels
- Served as lender's counsel to a Fortune 500 insurance company for a more than $180 million loan secured by a luxury shopping center
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, M.A., Kinesiology
- University of Michigan, B.A., Psychology
- National Association of Dealer Counsel, Board of Directors
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Volunteers of America – Colorado Branch, Board Member; Homeless, Youth and Domestic Violence Programs Review Committee
- Leadership Denver, Class of 2012
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2021
- 40 Under 40, Denver Business Journal, 2014
- Shining Star Award, Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO), 2013
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leaders, 2019