Brent Singley is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office. Mr. Singley has more than 20 years of experience as a corporate lawyer who regularly guides clients through complex, strategic transactions.
Mr. Singley focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and has extensive experience advising clients on auctions, joint ventures and private equity transactions. Mr. Singley helps clients navigate public and private acquisitions and divestitures, domestic and international transactions, corporate reorganizations, investments and financings. He assists clients with complex commercial contracts and other strategic business arrangements, as well as general corporate and limited liability company (LLC) formation and counseling.
In addition, Mr. Singley has managed deals in industries that include government services, technology, healthcare, senior living, automotive, energy and aerospace.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Singley was a corporate attorney for an international law firm in its Northern Virginia office. Before practicing law, Mr. Singley was a certified public accountant at a Big Four accounting firm where he provided audit services to a variety of clients.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed government services provider on various corporate and M&A matters, including a $300 million acquisition of a U.S. government contractor, acquisitions of healthcare companies in the U.S. and United Kingdom, a divestiture of an education business, and numerous buy-side auction processes
- Advised a U.K.-based defense contractor in its $350 million sale of a U.S. defense contracting business
- Advised a European Union-based aircraft manufacturer in its acquisition of a U.S. based aviation technology company
- Advised a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed holding company on more than 45 acquisitions of full power, Class A digital and low power television stations
- Advised a NYSE-listed technology company in connection with a $67 billion acquisition of another publicly traded technology and related internal corporate restructuring, and a $24.9 billion leveraged buyout and related internal corporate restructuring
- Advised a publicly traded media company on its acquisition of an online coupon business, acquisitions of social networking companies and the acquisition of a cable channel
- Advised a publicly traded telecommunications company on its sale of a data center facility
- Advised a satellite television provider on its sale of a satellite business to a private equity sponsor
- Advised a private equity sponsor on various joint venture transactions for its U.S. real estate and senior living portfolios
- Advised a private equity-backed company on acquisition, joint venture formation and subsequent sale of portfolio of senior living facilities to a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT)
- Advised a publicly traded corporation on the sale of portfolio of senior living facilities and its $1.4 billion acquisition of six senior housing portfolios (including 186 facilities)
- Advised a publicly traded senior living company on $52.5 million acquisition of a healthcare management company
- Advised a publicly traded pharmaceutical company on its public company acquisitions of a $3.4 billion company and a $350 million company
- Advised a major European automaker in connection with a multiyear global corporate restructuring to create three primary business operating units
- Advised a private equity sponsored auto parts company on the $1.325 billion sale to a German auto parts company; a $150 million sale of its chassis business to a U.S. publicly traded company; and on $52 million acquisition of assets of a parts distributor
- Advised a major U.S. automaker on the $1.8 billion sale of its Swedish car division and related assets to a Chinese automaker
- Advised a private equity-backed U.S. energy exchange on the sale of 100 percent of its equity to a European energy exchange
- Advised a publicly traded company on its $1.5 billion sale of its internet fiber division and its subsidiaries to another publicly traded company
- Advised a publicly traded alternative energy company on its acquisition of 50 percent of an alternative energy joint venture and related acquisitions of solar power projects in California, Hawaii, Italy and France
- Advised a Spanish brewing company on its investments and acquisitions of two privately held U.S. craft brewing companies
- Advised a joint venture partner on its acquisition of a publicly traded hotel investor and management company
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- College of William & Mary, B.B.A., Accounting, summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, 2008, 2010
- Virginia Legal Elite, Young Lawyers, Virginia Business magazine, 2007