Marisa Terrenzi is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office and practices principally in the areas of business and corporate law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. Her clients are engaged in a variety of industry sectors, including software services, government contracts and information technology. She has represented a number of leading venture capital and private equity firms in numerous transactions as well as a wide range of early stage and later stage companies.
In addition to private practice, Ms. Terrenzi has served as in-house counsel for local venture-backed technology companies, including serving as assistant counsel for comScore Inc.
Over the past five years, Ms. Terrenzi has served as counsel in more than 50 merger and acquisition and private equity financing transactions. Some of the transactions in which Ms. Terrenzi has served as counsel include:
- PE-backed Polaris Alpha Group LLC's acquisitions of Fourth Dimension Engineering LLC, Intelesys Corp., Intelligent Software Solutions LLC and EOIR Technologies Inc.
- PE-backed Integrity Applications (IAI) LLC's acquisitions of IAI LLC, Dependable Global Solutions LLC and Xebec Global Corp.
- Cubic Corp.'s acquisitions of MotionDSP Inc., GATR Technologies Inc. and TeraLogics LLC
- CSRA's acquisitions of Praxis Engineering Technologies LLC and NES Associates LLC
- The Cadmus' Group LLC's acquisitions of IFOK GmbH and Obsidian Analysis Inc.
- Multiple divestitures including the sale of Smashing Ideas LLC (subsidiary of Penguin Random House) to Luxoft USA Inc., the sale of Cubic Global Defense Inc. (subsidiary of Cubic Corp.) to Valiant Integrated Services Inc., sale of comScore's Digital Analytix business to Adobe Systems Inc.
- Multiple sale-side transactions, including Polaris Alpha Group's sale to Parsons Government Services Inc.; Information International Associates Inc.'s sale to Lee Equity Partners; DataSync Technologies Inc.'s sale to Clear Creek Group Inc.; Project Performance Co. LLC's sale to Data Systems Analysts Inc.; Learning Objects LLC's sale to Cengage Learning Inc.; and TransForce Inc.'s sale to Palladium Equity Partners LLC
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, M.P.H.
- Boston College, B.A., Political Science
- District of Columbia
- Association for Corporate Growth National Capital Chapter, Board Member; former President
- Top Women in Dealmaking, The Deal, Private Equity, 2023
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Corporate/M&A, 2020-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2017-2024
- USA Top Woman Dealmaker Award, Global M&A Network, 2020
- Virginia Business Magazine Legal Elite, Corporate Counsel, 2019
- Rising Stars, Holland & Knight, 2009