Austin D. Thacker is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office and a member of the firm's Construction Industry Practice Group. Mr. Thacker focuses on serving general contractors, homebuilders, owners and manufacturers in a range of industrial, commercial and infrastructure projects, as well as the drafting and negotiation of construction contract documents. He also represents public and private entities in roadway design and construction projects, and commercial, residential and mixed-use developments. Mr. Thacker has experience handling claims for construction defects, inefficiency/delay damages, water intrusion, construction-related product defects, lien foreclosure and contract disputes.
Mr. Thacker's experience also includes working with local governments to address the needs of clients related to zoning, comprehensive plans, concurrency, developments of regional impact, procurement issues, due diligence and property rights.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Thacker clerked at the United States Department of Justice. In addition to this experience, he has a background in banking, finance and insurance from prior roles with international financial institutions.
In the community, Mr. Thacker is active in volunteering for local organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Junior Achievement, the Association of Christian Youth Sports and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. He also currently serves as a guardian ad litem for the Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association and is an active member of the American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division and Forum on Construction Law.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., Advocacy and Dispute Resolution, summa cum laude
- Lee University, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Orlando Economic Partnership, Young Professionals Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member Resources Director
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction
- Central Florida Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Board Chair
- University of Tennessee College of Law Alumni Council, Chair of Nominating Committee
- Orange County Bar Association
- Tennessee Law Review, Managing Editor, 2012-2013
- Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law, 2011-2013
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
- Order of the Coif
- The Order of Barristers
- 2016 Volunteer Leadership Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation