Bruce E. Toppin III
Bruce Toppin guides clients, primarily in the financial services industry, through corporate, securities and regulatory matters. His practice concentrates on representing banks, thrifts and other financial institutions in mergers, acquisitions, securities offerings, holding company formations, Subchapter S conversions, corporate governance, de novo charters, enforcement actions, regulatory applications and other related matters.
Mr. Toppin also handles matters of ownership succession, executive compensation and enforcement actions, and he counsels directors, officers and shareholders in those areas. His extensive background in representing both lenders and borrowers includes a broad range of secured and unsecured debt financings, including, term loans, lines of credit, government guaranteed loans, loan participations, modifications, renewals and assumptions.
Mr. Toppin speaks and writes regularly on a wide variety of topics related to corporate, bank regulatory and securities matters. Previously, he served as a shareholder at Langley & Banack, Inc. where he focused on the corporate representation of banks and other financial institutions.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A.
- American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Texas Bankers Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Independent Bankers Association of Texas
- IBAT Leadership Division
- YMCA of Greater San Antonio, Board of Directors
- S.A. Scene Magazine, Best Lawyers in San Antonio, Business and Corporate, 2014, 2017