Zachary D. Trotter
Zack Trotter assists hospitals, health systems, physicians, skilled nursing facilities and outpatient services on a broad range of transactional, compliance and operational matters. He frequently assists and advises a wide variety of clients - ranging from the largest hospital operators in the United States, to private equity groups expanding into the healthcare arena, to single-hospital healthcare authorities - on the transactional aspects surrounding the purchase, sale or new development of a healthcare facility.
Mr. Trotter also provides expert advice and counsel on a host of regulatory issues. Providers rely on his advice and counsel to ensure they remain compliant with numerous fraud and abuse statutes, including the Stark law, federal and state Anti-Kickback regulations, False Claims Act allegations, and federal and state HIPAA patient privacy laws.
Mr. Trotter has helped numerous clients develop new facilities, including successfully shepherding numerous clients through various states' Certificate of Need processes.
Previously, Mr. Trotter was an associate with a Birmingham law firm where he gained experience in healthcare, labor and employment, and litigation matters including drafting bills that were enacted into law amending Alabama's Certificate of Need laws. He also assisted in the defense of a white collar criminal action involving alleged Stark Law violations.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Auburn University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA's Healthcare Facilities and Operations Interest Group, Vice Chair and former Social Media Representative
- American Health Law Association
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Greater Birmingham Young Republicans
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Elder Law, Health Care Law, 2022
- Birmingham Business Journal, NextGen: Law, 2020