Paulo Varnieri is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Mr. Varnieri provides strategic advice with respect to cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate financing, joint ventures, private equity transactions, corporate restructuring and project development. He also assists clients in establishing and structuring business transactions in Latin America.
In addition, Mr. Varnieri has significant experience structuring and negotiating transactions and projects in the infrastructure, energy and technology sectors, including the financing of airport projects. He has represented lenders, sponsors, agents and underwriting financial institutions in connection with debt financing transactions in the U.S. and abroad.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Varnieri served as general counsel for an airport infrastructure concession company, where he was responsible for all legal aspects of the company's transactions, operations, compliance, corporate governance, M&A, investments, joint ventures, financings and airport development projects in the region. He also has experience working as an attorney for various law firms in Brazil and New York.
Not yet admitted to District of Columbia Bar; admitted to New York Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in District of Columbia.
- Represented a large, Brazil-headquartered transportation infrastructure company in connection with the sale of its equity interest in a provider of cargo and passenger handling services provider with presence at eight U.S. airports
- Advised an international airport operator on its acquisition bids and joint venture negotiations in the U.S. aviation sector
- Represented a European private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of a telecommunications company with operations in various South American countries
- Advised a U.S. oil company on the formation of a joint venture to manufacture and market lubricants in South America
- Represented a U.S. construction company in the private issuance of preferred shares to a private equity fund as part of its corporate and debt restructuring plan
- Represented a snack food company, its parent company and the selling stakeholders in their sale to a company backed by a private equity firm
- Represented private equity investors in a number of leveraged buyouts in various industries in the U.S., including chemical, technology and software distribution
- Represented a large, Asia-based sovereign wealth fund in its equity investment in a leading Brazilian financial institution
- The George Washington University Law School, LL.M., Corporate, Banking and Securities Law Concentration
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, LL.B.
- New York
- Young Professionals in Infrastructure