Jason Vaupen is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Mr. Vaupen focuses his practice on complex commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, development, ﬁnancing and leasing of properties nationwide. He represents some of the nation's largest and most respected private equity funds, developers, operators and family offices in their retail, multifamily, hotel, offices, industrial, self-storage and manufactured housing deals.
In addition, Mr. Vaupen represents fund partners, investors and sponsors in real estate joint venture and fund formations. He has been involved in a number of transformational real estate projects, especially those seeking to generate value through strategic consolidation and repurposing of commercial assets in emerging neighborhoods. Mr. Vaupen's practice focuses on maximizing value for his clients by skillfully navigating and negotiating through all aspects of real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Vaupen worked for a national law firm in Miami, Florida. While in law school, he worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert A. Mark of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Represents joint venture partnerships between one of the nation's largest private self-storage operators and its real estate fund partners in connection with the acquisition, sale, ﬁnancing, development and leasing of more than $1 billion of self-storage portfolio assets throughout the United States
- Represents one of Florida's leading creative real estate development firms in connection with its transformation of emerging neighborhoods across Florida, including the acquisition, sale, ﬁnancing, leasing and joint venture partnership for its portfolio properties
- Represented a joint venture in the acquisition, ﬁnancing and construction of its $1 billion mixed-use oceanfront development, including hotel, condominium, retail, restaurants, and arts and cultural center in Miami Beach, Florida
- Represented an international developer in the retail leasing of the $1 billion outdoor retail mall project in Miami
- Represented an investor group in its acquisition of a real property for a Major League Soccer stadium in Miami
- Represented the largest Hispanic-owned drugstore chain in the United States, in its acquisition by a publicly traded healthcare company
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science and History
- Ones to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2022