Beth A. Vecchioli
Senior Policy Advisor
Beth A. Vecchioli is a senior policy advisor in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee office, where she focuses on insurance regulation, lobbying and financial services matters. Ms. Vecchioli has extensive experience in the regulation of all types of insurance, reinsurance and specialty insurance products. She assists companies in the development of their insurance offerings and products, including policy forms, contracts and premium charges. She also routinely advises and guides insurance and financial services entities on compliance, sales, marketing and business practices.
Ms. Vecchioli also assists companies in obtaining licensure and in resolving regulatory issues in Florida and many other states. She secures licenses for insurance companies, captive insurers, agents, agencies, adjusters, reinsurers, third-party administrators and various specialty insurers, including motor vehicle and service warranty providers and continuing care retirement communities. She also helps clients resolve regulatory disputes pertaining to investigations, disciplinary actions, examinations and accounting disputes. Her client roster includes insurers, reinsurers, mortgage brokers and lenders, service warranty associations, continuing care retirement communities, insurance agencies and third-party administrators.
Ms. Vecchioli also drafts legislation for insurance and financial services clients, and has effectively lobbied the passage of such legislation.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Vecchioli was a senior director of government consulting for a national law firm in its Tallahassee office. Previously, Ms. Vecchioli was a senior policy advisor in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee office from 2012 to 2017. She also worked as a senior-level manager and regulator at the Florida Department of Insurance/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation for more than 10 years.
- Handled issues relating to reinsurance recoverables and clawback provisions that apply during the receivership of an insurance company
- Handled issues relating to reduced collateral requirements for reinsurance arrangements
- Handled issues relating to fronting in unauthorized reinsurance arrangements
- Handled issues relating to the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and how it interfaces with reinsurance programs
- Handled legislative issues relating to reducing the size of the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
- Handled issues relating to the proper statutory accounting methods for reinsurance agreements
- Handled issues relating to the reimbursement contract used by the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and how it is applied to recoverables
- Handled legislative issues relating to federal legislation to impose taxes on certain offshore reinsurance arrangements
- Handled issues relating to the requirements imposed on property insurers for their reinsurance programs in Florida
- Represented a Florida domestic insurer before the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) in a complex insurance regulatory acquisition filing, which included numerous complicated legal documents and agreements
- Represented a major insurance carrier before the Florida OIR in numerous rate filings, which allowed the carrier to continue to offer its insurance products in Florida
- Developed and implemented a strategic compliance plan for a leading insurer in the United States, including securing form and rate filings approval from the Florida OIR
- University of Florida, B.S., with honors
- Florida Insurance Council, 2003-Present
- Florida Land Title Association, 2003-Present
- LeadingAge Florida, 2003-Present
- Florida Workers' Compensation Joint Underwriting Association (FWCJUA), Board of Governors, 2004-2012
- American Cancer Society, Annual Cattle Baron's Ball Host Committee, 2014
- March of Dimes, Wine Fest Host Committee, 2003-2005
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Designated Professional Lobbyist (DPL), Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists, 2012
- Prudential – Davis Productivity Award, Florida TaxWatch, 1992, 1998