Alexander "Alex" Weaver is a corporate services attorney in Holland & Knight's Denver office. Mr. Weaver focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), banking and corporate finance, project finance and development, capital markets transactions and cross-border transactions. He has experience on transactions spanning a broad range of industries, with a focus on renewable energy, technology and financial services.
Mr. Weaver's pro bono work focuses on immigration matters for at-risk populations, community enterprise, and environmental justice and resilience initiatives.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Weaver practiced law in the New York office of a global law firm, where he represented clients across industries, continents and languages.
Not yet admitted to Colorado Bar; admitted to New York Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Colorado.
- Represented a biotechnology company on the sale of substantially all of its assets to a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in exchange for control of the listed corporation
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company on a $31 billion bridge credit facility and related take-out financings in connection with its acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company
- Represented a Brazilian food production company on its sale to an American multinational corporation in the food industry for $2.4 billion
- Represented a technology-focused private equity fund on its $1.45 billion multiproduct financing of its acquisition of a financial news and data firm from a private equity firm
- Represented a major global financial institution on structured commodities swap transactions in respect of liquid natural gas and oil production valued collectively at more than $2 billion
- Represented secured creditors in connection with the restructuring and exit financing of a distressed upstream oil and gas company
- Represented a broad range of corporate and initial purchasers on Regulation S/Rule 144A and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-registered debt and equity issuances
- Represented a paper and forest products company and its global sponsors on a $1.1 billion financing from financial institutions for a dissolving wood pulp plant in Brazil
- Represented borrowers, sponsors and lenders in energy and infrastructure project financing transactions in Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile and Argentina
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, M.A.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- Columbia Journal of European Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Edwin Parker Prize for Foreign and Comparative Law, Columbia Law School, 2016
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School, 2014-15, 2015-16