Alexander "Alex" Weaver is a corporate services attorney in Holland & Knight's Denver office. Mr. Weaver focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), capital markets transactions, corporate governance and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, project finance and development, and cross-border transactions. He has experience on transactions spanning a broad range of industries, with a focus on financial services, energy and renewable fuels.
Mr. Weaver's pro bono work focuses on immigration matters for at-risk populations, community enterprise, and environmental justice and resilience initiatives.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Weaver practiced law in the New York office of a global law firm, where he represented clients across industries, continents and languages.
- Represented Neste Oy in connection with the acquisition of Agri Trading, one of the largest traders of feedstocks for renewable fuels in the United States
- Represented Alliance Ground International (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity and Greenbriar Equity Group) in the acquisition of Airport Terminal Services
- Represented Alliance Ground International in the acquisition of Maestro International Cargo
- Represented Mahoney Environmental Services in the acquisition of Green Star Energy
- Represented Mahoney Environmental Services in the acquisition of Newport Biodiesel
- Represented Howard Midstream Energy Partners in sale of a terminal asset in Brownsville, Texas
- Represented a biotechnology company on the sale of substantially all of its assets to a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in exchange for control of the listed corporation
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company on a $31 billion bridge credit facility and related take-out financings in connection with its acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company
- Represented a Brazilian food production company on its sale to an American multinational corporation in the food industry for $2.4 billion
- Represented the underwriters of the U.S. initial public offering (IPO) of common shares of a North American financial technology (FinTech) bank
- Represented a bank holding company on issuances of its fixed-to-floating subordinated debt
- Represented the joint book-running managers of the IPO of common stock of a community financial institution
- Represented the sole book-running manager of a follow-on offering of common stock of a public water utility company
- Represented the joint bookrunners of a bank holding company's depositary shares represented fractional shared in non-cumulative perpetual preferred stock
- Represented Piper Sandler & Co. as sole book-running manager of Sandy Spring Bancorp's offering of fixed-to-floating subordinated notes
- Represented placement agents in respect of the private placement of various senior unsecured notes in the specialty finance sector
- Represented a broad range of corporate and initial purchasers on Regulation S/Rule 144A and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-registered debt and equity issuances
- Represented a paper and forest products company and its global sponsors on a $1.1 billion financing from financial institutions for a dissolving wood pulp plant in Brazil
- Represented Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (FDN), Colombia's infrastructure development bank, as credit enhancement provider in connection with financing for the Costera Cartagena-Barranquilla project, part of Colombia's fourth-generation (4G) road infrastructure plan; the final structure, arranged by Goldman Sachs & Co., comprised five tranches of secured debt worth a total of $1.45 billion, including two series of international project bonds
- Represented FDN, Colombia's infrastructure development bank, as credit enhancement provider in connection with the $850 million hybrid toll road project financing for Pacífico Tres, a concession of Colombia's 4G toll road project; this was the first 4G financing to close, the first credit enhancement transaction for FDN and one of the first international project bonds in Colombia; the final structure, arranged by Goldman Sachs & Co., includes seven tranches of senior secured debt; LatinFinance named this deal "Best Road Financing" and "Best Infrastructure Financing" for the Andes Region in 2016 and recognized Holland & Knight for its work
- Represented borrowers, sponsors and lenders in energy and infrastructure project financing transactions in Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile and Argentina
- Represented a technology-focused private equity fund on its $1.45 billion multiproduct financing of its acquisition of a financial news and data firm from a private equity firm
- Represented a major global financial institution on structured commodities swap transactions in respect of liquid natural gas and oil production valued collectively at more than $2 billion
- Represented Forum Servicios Financieros as borrower under a $127.5 million syndicated credit facility lead by Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior (Bladex)
- Represented secured creditors in connection with the restructuring and exit financing of a distressed upstream oil and gas company
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, M.A.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York
- Columbia Journal of European Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Edwin Parker Prize for Foreign and Comparative Law, Columbia Law School, 2016
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School, 2014-15, 2015-16