Scott Yoo is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office, and focuses his practice on high-technology patent litigation. Mr. Yoo has experience in multiple fields, ranging from pre-suit investigation to trial. With his strong technical background, Mr. Yoo understands a wide range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous vehicles, software, electric circuitry, e-commerce, medical devices, telecommunication standards, mobile devices and consumer electronics.
By drawing from his diverse background, Mr. Yoo has first-hand knowledge on what it takes to successfully manage and protect valuable intellectual property (IP) assets. As a result, he aims for forward-thinking solutions that meet both the client's legal and business needs.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Yoo was an associate in the Chicago office of an international law firm. He represented domestic and foreign clients in various district courts, performed IP due diligence and client counseling, and handled preparation and prosecution of U.S. patent applications. Mr. Yoo also served as a senior IP counsel at one of the largest multinational companies, where he was involved in all aspects of corporate IP activities, spanning from patent litigation to patent licensing and transaction.
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D.
- Yonsei University, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Research, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2014
- Dean's List, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2014-2016
- Dean's Achievement Scholarship, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 2014-2016